News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Homebrew column in Retro Gamer

Started by merman, 17:14, 05 October 21

Previous topic - Next topic

merman

Hi everyone,

So the reason I am here...

Retro Gamer had an amazing homebrew column created by the late Jason Kelk (TMR/Cosine) who sadly passed away earlier this year.

I will be taking over the column from issue 228.

And so I want to cover Amstrad and other formats as much as possible.

So all the developers and publishers out there, get in touch via DM here or at the RG forum.

We will be doing previews, news, reviews and interviews - as well as covering the major game jams/competitions - on computer and console.
We are also looking to expand with "mini making of" features on how top homebrew is made, and pieces on the publishers.

I look forward to seeing what the Amstrad has to offer.
Andrew

Gryzor

Ah that was one of my favourite columns when I was reading RG... Nice to see it's coming back, and the making of is nice as well. I wonder if they could do a series following a dev over a number of months like they did back in the day - there are a few developers that share their progress regularly!

reidrac

Consider having an email address, like Jason had.

When I make a release I alway send mails to press (or people interested, it doesn't have to be "press"). Other dev groups may do the same.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

merman

Quote from: reidrac on 17:06, 06 October 21
Consider having an email address, like Jason had.

When I make a release I alway send mails to press (or people interested, it doesn't have to be "press"). Other dev groups may do the same.

Yes, there will be an official email contact address - I will add it to this thread and share it when it's available.

merman

Hi everyone,
Apologies for the lack of news - health issues meant I spent most of November in hospital and the homebrew column was delayed.

The good news - it's starting in issue 230 out this month, and will feature coverage of the CPC RetroDev 2021 competition, and a review of Puzzle Bobble.

Looking to get more Amstrad coverage into the mag so PM me with your games/links!

merman

ISSUE 230 of RETRO GAMER is in UK shops now.

Featuring the history of Earthworm Jim, there's also a great making of article on the Amstrad game Storm.

For the homebrew fans, the new Homebrewer's Kit column starts this issue.
The main feature is on the CPCRetroDev 2021 competition, and Puzzle Bobble for the CPC gets reviewed.

Here's a look at my subscriber copy:

https://youtu.be/KN9fQdwQ-yU

And remember, if you are developing new homebrew for the CPC or other formats, get in touch! I'm looking for games to preview and review, as well as creators to interview for future issues.

Gryzor

Niiiice! Pity I don't buy the mag anymore. In fact, anyone wants the first 150 issues? 😀

merman

We have a new email to contact the magazine, so if you have a Homebrew project to promote, review or want to be interviewed, then contact

retrogamer@futurenet.com

With Homebrew in the subject line