News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

How do I get my USB floppy working and Zaxon?

Started by ukmarkh, 00:46, 24 May 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ukmarkh

Hi,

I want to be able to use my Internal usb and Zaxon drive, any idea how I can do this, I thought all the information was already preloaded for me.

And

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukmarkh

In the 3 inch floppy emulator drive for Amstrad 6128, I've put the .dsk file on the USB drive and even though you can select it, how do you then load it on the CPC?

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

ukmarkh

Quote from: Audronic on 05:10, 24 May 18
ukmarkh

Try " CAT "
or Run "disc"

Ray

Hi, I'm definitely missing something as this doesn't work... Maybe my edge connectors aren't working anymore.

Vyper68

I am not sure if you have two interfaces fitted here and ZAXON's page on SMR is not showing any 6128 USB Drives at present. If you have two drives there are a few possibilities.
Is the internal drive set as drive A and the external set a Drive B ( if both are set to A then problems will arise )
If the internal drive returns a disk not found error is the cable the correct way round ( pin 1 of cable to pin 1 of interface )
Flashfloppy should work in Native mode out of the box i.e: move up and down to each .dsk image should work and CAT should show disk contents without any further configuration.
If you want to run the HxC Floppy software and have 15 Images chosen by you rather than having to go up and down you files manually you will need to configure a AUTOBOOT HFE file.
Here are some links from Keirs GitHub.
https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki
https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Initial-Setup
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul