News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

I'm out

Started by mr_lou, 10:36, 09 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

CPCwiki is no longer my kind of place, so I'll no longer be active here. It's been coming for some time now.

Anyone who needs me can find me on the IndieGameMusic.com Discord server (and other Discord servers).

Otto

I am very sorry to hear that. After your post in the other thread.

Would there be any chance you could use the forum's ignore list to ... ignore ... the always offending guys and stay here? That's what I do.

We will miss you a lot. :-(

Fare ye well!
Gehabt Euch wohl!
Behüt' Euch Gott.

Shaun M. Neary

What an attention seeking post.  :picard2:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 11:32, 09 June 21Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1GB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.

ZMem 1GB? WOW 512k + 512k = 1GB? Impressive.... but I think it's 1mb :P
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:05, 09 June 21

Me count good!  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

ComSoft6128

Quote from: mr_lou on 10:36, 09 June 21
CPCwiki is no longer my kind of place, so I'll no longer be active here. It's been coming for some time now.

Anyone who needs me can find me on the IndieGameMusic.com Discord server (and other Discord servers).

@mr_lou I personally think that if you leave it will be a loss to the Forum and I think you should consider your decision again.

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:05, 09 June 21

What Shaun is lacking in numbers, Craig is lacking in letters: I think it's MB, because milli-bits aren't a thing.

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 13:05, 09 June 21
What Shaun is lacking in numbers, Craig is lacking in letters: I think it's MB, because milli-bits aren't a thing.

Bryce.

Hey @CraigsBar You just been trolled, good sir!  :laugh:

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:42, 09 June 21

Hey @CraigsBar You just been trolled, good sir!  :laugh:
Oh Leave me alone, "I just vant to play @Bryce Lee" :P

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 13:05, 09 June 21

Bryce.

hahaha Brilliant.

PS. I had to check your current flag on Google. Bet you got the sand between your toes!

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:18, 09 June 21

hahaha Brilliant.

PS. I had to check your current flag on Google. Bet you got the sand between your toes!

Sand is just raw material that hasn't been converted into semi-conductor electronics yet :D

Bryce.

redbox

Quote from: mr_lou on 10:36, 09 June 21CPCwiki is no longer my kind of place, so I'll no longer be active here

All your Cozy are belong to us.

Actually it's spelt cosy.  As in hygge, the supposedly untranslatable word.  That's always bothered me.

Bug Powell

Humor and jokes are not always well understood from one country to another one.
mr lou: he was joking! take it into account when you read something from someone not from your culture.
shaun m neary: he didn't understand your humor! take it into account when you write something to someone not from your culture.
I can't believe that someone wants to hurt anyone when talking about cpc!

Animalgril987

Smileys not withstanding, it can be difficult to tell the "tone of voice" of a written message, and so easy to mistake a joke for an insult.

eto

Quote from: Bug Powell on 17:07, 09 June 21I can't believe that someone wants to hurt anyone when talking about cpc!

And I can't believe that after it became clear, it wasn't even thinkable of saying even the slightest words of regret. I mean, even if I am 100% sure I didn't insult anyone based on my values, then I say "sorry, I really didn't want to insult you" once I recognise that I another person feels insulted. And I absolutely can't understand that in such a case it gets even worse and further posts are sent after with "won't miss you" or "what an attention seeking post". And I am deeply, deeply shocked, that this is not only silently accepted by almost everyone, but even encouraged by some.

This is just sad.

Targhan

Sad to see you go @mr_lou . Since you wrote this thread, I'm pretty sure you're going to read the posts anyway, so I think you should "go" for while if you don't feel like going here. You may want to come back in a few months, or years, when the bad memories are gone.

I hope you won't stop getting involved in CPC projects, I really like your music.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

reidrac

Quote from: eto on 18:58, 09 June 21
This is just sad.

Things like this come with the nature of social interaction in forums. At the end of the day, the community are the people (and I would have banned some trolls long ago; and I'm not referring to this specific case, please hold your guns! :D). There is a balance between the positive and the negative, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

It is a shame @mr_lou doesn't feel comfortable around here any more.

It is sad, indeed.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: eto on 18:58, 09 June 21

And I can't believe that after it became clear, it wasn't even thinkable of saying even the slightest words of regret. I mean, even if I am 100% sure I didn't insult anyone based on my values, then I say "sorry, I really didn't want to insult you" once I recognise that I another person feels insulted. And I absolutely can't understand that in such a case it gets even worse and further posts are sent after with "won't miss you" or "what an attention seeking post". And I am deeply, deeply shocked, that this is not only silently accepted by almost everyone, but even encouraged by some.

This is just sad.

Sorry but no, that's a convenient narrative when you consider the guy took three months to respond to one of my posts which clearly didn't bother him only to have a change of heart afterwards?

To me, three months is a pretty delayed reaction. That's posting in pretty bad faith so that's why I said I wouldn't miss him. For that reason alone, I stand by my comment.

MaV

@mr_lou : Shame, but my bet is, you'll be back. Take a bit of down time, if that's needed.

Here's a bit of advice: take @Shaun M. Neary 's posts with a grain of salt. He's just as rough as the Irish coast. Or rather, every time he pisses you off, look at the pictures of Shane McGowan, drunk and before he got his teeth fixed. Shane/Shaun - they're basically the same person. That should put things into perspective. :D

(Right, gotta find a bunker now to prepare for Shaun's attack. ;) )

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Shaun M. Neary

@MaV LOL love it.

(See? I can take a good joke as much as I can dish them out! You do need to get your geography straight though... the West cost is really only rough. The east is fine.  :laugh: ) :D

MaV

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:57, 10 June 21You do need to get your geography straight though... the West cost is really only rough. The east is fine.
One and a half year of staying at home has mushed my brain a bit it seems. ;) But then you're talking to someone from a city that labeled all the places where the medieval Irish missionaries lived "Scottish", so mixing up names and places is part of a tradition. :D
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

rexbeng

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:57, 10 June 21
the West cost is really only rough. The east is fine.
So, then, one could say that Irish geography is politically aware?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: rexbeng on 19:08, 10 June 21So, then, one could say that Irish geography is politically aware?

Actually the cost in the west tends to be cheaper than the east. 😂

Shaun M. Neary

I've found him on discord and apologised to him asking him to come back.

I was a bit hasty and aggressive and while I was trying to joke around, I can see where it misfired. After a couple of days to calm down, I'll apologise and admit I was out of order.
I'll understand if he doesn't want to accept it.