News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Introduce myself

Started by Shining, 14:18, 22 October 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Shining

After registering and hanging around here for quite a while, I think it is overdue to introduce myself:

I got my 6128 in 1986 and the first years I ripped some games from tape, coded some basic-games and played games. The late 80s and early 90s I got in touch with the german cpc-scene, participated in some meetings (and hosted one), joined TGS, did some little demos and composed music using soundtrakker.

But as many others, in the mid 90s, I lost focus on CPC and went on to PC. I made images from many of my old disks and played around with emulators from time to time, mostly listening to cpc-music and watching old demos.

Since quite some time, the fire is back and I'm very back into CPC again. At the moment I'm playing around with PlayCity and X-MEM expansions (thanks TotO). Also, several weeks ago, I began coding on CPC again because making and releasing a game on CPC is a dream of my childhood.
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

Gryzor

Welcome man!

Hope we do get to see some of your stuff - unreleased or new :)

CraigsBar

Welcome back. I myself left the Cpc for a while in the late 90's but I am so glad to be back. Xbox and above gaming is just not a fun or perhaps infuriating as gaming used to be. Yes I still love a blast on forza, but the Cpc gets used more than the Xbox 360.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Hey welcome Shining!

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Prodatron

Hi Shining, it's nice to have you back here! IIRC your Xmas party 1992 was my second big CPC meeting ever :) It's really cool that you want to code stuff on the CPC again!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

arnoldemu

Quote from: Shining on 14:18, 22 October 14
Also, several weeks ago, I began coding on CPC again because making and releasing a game on CPC is a dream of my childhood.
I had that dream too and I continue to write games for CPC.

Welcome back.

I look forward to your game and if you need any help ask away!
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Carnivius

Welcome back!

CPC parties.  Seems to be something that happens to people who aren't me.    Also Christmas parties.   Also since 2009, Christmas itself.   le sigh...
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TFM

Just join one! They happen all the time. Information at push n pop!

TFM of FutureSoft