General Category > Off topic

Is anyone else drunk?

(1/8) > >>

WiltshireWizard:
It's 8:30pm on a Friday night, 24th Jan 2020 and I am drunk.

Only post if you are too.

i am 48 and had a CPC464 for my 14th birthday in 1984!

At the moment life is good, great job, I love my cat, weekends are for retro gaming.

Gryzor:
Enjoy 😄

So what CPC games had drinking in them?

Shaun M. Neary:
I’m getting there.

Finally finished Slap Fight on my trusty 464 tonight, so I’m celebrating an achievement that eluded me for 32 (count em!) years.  :D

WiltshireWizard:
OMG!!!!

Sorry, excessive exclamation marks are a symptom of drunkeness.

I say that because although I never had Slap Fight on the CPC, it's a game I used to love playing at the arcades at Barry Island, South Wales, in the mid 80s.

Did you know that in the original arcade game (and in the 100% accurate Mame emulation) the cheat goes like this - insert your 10 pence. Press start. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! A bullet will hit you and you will die.

HOWEVER... when your ship reappears you will have ALL power ups available!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Shaun M. Neary:

--- Quote from: WiltshireWizard on 23:20, 24 January 20 ---OMG!!!!

Sorry, excessive exclamation marks are a symptom of drunkeness.

I say that because although I never had Slap Fight on the CPC, it's a game I used to love playing at the arcades at Barry Island, South Wales, in the mid 80s.

Did you know that in the original arcade game (and in the 100% accurate Mame emulation) the cheat goes like this - insert your 10 pence. Press start. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! A bullet will hit you and you will die.

HOWEVER... when your ship reappears you will have ALL power ups available!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---
I actually never saw Slap Fight available as a single release. It ended up on the Hit Squad label in 89, and on the Taito Coin op Hits compilation the year before, but software was sorta scarce in Dublin, Ireland at the time. It's okay on the CPC but the small playing area and invisible bullets make it tough to play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version