News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

commodore 64

Started by WiltshireWizard, 21:29, 24 January 20

Previous topic - Next topic

WiltshireWizard

rtrt

Gryzor

Enjoy 😄

So what CPC games had drinking in them?

Shaun M. Neary

I'm getting there.

Finally finished Slap Fight on my trusty 464 tonight, so I'm celebrating an achievement that eluded me for 32 (count em!) years.  :D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

WiltshireWizard

vv

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: WiltshireWizard on 22:20, 24 January 20
OMG!!!!

Sorry, excessive exclamation marks are a symptom of drunkeness.

I say that because although I never had Slap Fight on the CPC, it's a game I used to love playing at the arcades at Barry Island, South Wales, in the mid 80s.

Did you know that in the original arcade game (and in the 100% accurate Mame emulation) the cheat goes like this - insert your 10 pence. Press start. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! A bullet will hit you and you will die.

HOWEVER... when your ship reappears you will have ALL power ups available!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I actually never saw Slap Fight available as a single release. It ended up on the Hit Squad label in 89, and on the Taito Coin op Hits compilation the year before, but software was sorta scarce in Dublin, Ireland at the time. It's okay on the CPC but the small playing area and invisible bullets make it tough to play.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Zoe Robinson

I had Slap Fight on a compilation tape and yeah, the bullets could be a right bugger to avoid because they were so small but with a bit of practice it became a very enjoyable game.

(By the way, I'm not drunk I'm just posting here because I'm a rebel ;) )

WiltshireWizard

beans

Gryzor

... And a great weekend too everyone!

GUNHED

Quote from: WiltshireWizard on 21:29, 24 January 20
It's 8:30pm on a Friday night, 24th Jan 2020 and I am drunk.

Only post if you are too.

i am 48 and had a CPC464 for my 14th birthday in 1984!
No man! You're 50 now! Cheers!
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: GUNHED on 13:52, 25 January 20
No man! You're 50 now! Cheers!
Well, he did say the thread was only for the drunk.  ;) ;D

GUNHED

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:54, 25 January 20
Well, he did say the thread was only for the drunk.  ;) ;D
Yeah! Than have a pint on me. Cheers! What's hard in calculating the square tooth of 65536 drunk.  ;D We know it already. ;D And he it is as old as me. If you can't think drunk - get more training!  ;D ;D ;D :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

ChaRleyTroniC

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:58, 24 January 20
Enjoy 😄

Harvey Headbanger!

Bryce

"Everyone's a Wally" too I think.

Bryce.

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:58, 24 January 20
Enjoy 😄

You can get Dizzy drunk briefly in Fantasy World Dizzy. :)

The Gremlin Graphics compilation Compendium had a game called Tiddly Drinks which was set in a pub. You had to collect beer jugs thrown into the air by the father of your family. I can't remember how to play it, though.

mr_lou

"Tapper" should be mentioned.  :)

mahlemiut

Willy Wino's Stag Night / Mr Wino
- Barry Rodewald

Fessor

dthrone

Love it, I'd definitely participate in future similar 'i am drunk' threads, like I am right now  ;)

SkulleateR

Yes ! Sir ! Done !

skylas

Done! Chivas is well appreciated in Crete! :D .
Difficult to win on Pingpong CPC  game when drunk!  :D
Web: https://amstradsakis.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmstradSakis
My programs (only BASIC):
RETRO-LOADSHEET ON AMSTRAD CPC!
PENALTY KICKS!
CAPITAL QUIZ!
CAPITAL QUIZ 2! (Reverse edition)
HEADS OR TAILS (ΚΟΡΩΝΑ/ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΑ)
HEART CHASER 1,2,3!
BARBOUTI!
STROOPIE!
BUDRUMI!
ART WAR!
BATTLE OF LENINGRAD!
AMSTABOO!
RODOLFO SKYLARRIENTE!

banana

Friday night, well Saturday morning? it's 2:50 AM I have been drinking Chivas and cruising on my CPC  ;D

banana

po po, what a hangover... This stuff is the bomb! Very good! I went to piss last night, I don't know what time, but instead of going to the toilet I opened the front door and pissed outside. I hope no one saw me  :-X

Gryzor

banana

Sorry about the post, I think I'm still drunk from yesterday. If you want, you can remove the above post and this one, probably better.

Ygdrazil

Quote from: banana on 12:39, 29 May 21
Sorry about the post, I think I'm still drunk from yesterday. If you want, you can remove the above post and this one, probably better.

No reason for so drastic measures!

I have had friends visiting from the CPC era (After all, only CPC owners(present or past) understand CPC demos). After watching CPC demos from the 21'st centory all night!  We went to sleep. In the the morning it turned out there was pool of liquid in the kitchen! Someone could not find the way to the bathroom during the night.....! Was my wife angry!!!! Don't ask!!

Things happen!..  ;D