News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Konix Multisystem

Started by Trebmint, 12:43, 27 January 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Trebmint

Not sure if any of you have seen this, and if not I'd advise to have a look at this website based on the greatest british console that never was the Konix Multisystem.

http://www.konixmultisystem.co.uk

I wanted one of these back in 1989, and it was plastered over every magazine. Great to read what it really was, and what actually went on. A cool story I think. Luv sites like this.

I'm still waiting to hear more about the next generation CPC 'Arnold 2' that was mentioned on CPC Zone

Gryzor

Ah! The Konix... I think it eventually boiled down to a controller in the end... Shame!

ukmarkh

Wasn't next gen CPC called 'CPCNG' or something along those lines... as far as I know the project never made it off the ground. The Konix Console is briefly covered in the upcoming 'The Book of Arnold', it'll be covered along with the Amstrad GX4000 and Plus models.

Trebmint

Quote from: ukmarkh on 13:36, 27 January 10
Wasn't next gen CPC called 'CPCNG' or something along those lines... as far as I know the project never made it off the ground. The Konix Console is briefly covered in the upcoming 'The Book of Arnold', it'll be covered along with the Amstrad GX4000 and Plus models.

Well it was mentioned on the Zone that the Arnold 2 was a new cpc. From memory it was 256k, bigger palette, 6mhz Z80, and used Pcw screen rolling ram. This was data that was going to be put in a book, which also unfortunately went to the dust like the zone :(

arnoldemu

Quote from: Trebmint on 13:42, 27 January 10
Well it was mentioned on the Zone that the Arnold 2 was a new cpc. From memory it was 256k, bigger palette, 6mhz Z80, and used Pcw screen rolling ram. This was data that was going to be put in a book, which also unfortunately went to the dust like the zone :(
Isn't Richard Clayton the only person to have a prototype ANT ("Arnold Number Two") ?  anybody want to contact him and ask him more about it? Maybe he has the specs and possibly a photo of the thing?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

redbox

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:56, 27 January 10
Isn't Richard Clayton the only person to have a prototype ANT ("Arnold Number Two") ?  anybody want to contact him and ask him more about it? Maybe he has the specs and possibly a photo of the thing?

He talks about it in this interview that I read recently.

Gryzor

I asked Charles for his address. Let's see...