News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

KraftWerk (heavy Video content)

Started by MacDeath, 04:11, 01 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

These days I'm a lot into Kraftwerk's music...

What is so cool is tha their most emblematic album dates from my birth date.

They simply invented the electronic sound and HipHop/Rap beat...(Trans-Europe Express sampled beat)

They were playing the typicall 80's synthetiser based music... since the 70's !!!
You remember SoftCell ?

Also the classy ManMachine concept and style...(communist realism  parody)

That's simple... KraftWerk and Black Sabbath clearly defined 2 complete genres totally essential in the modern music : Electronic Music and Heavy Metal.

Being originally a part of the so-called KrautRock scene (the term is just british trolling...) we can say Krautwerk ?

Florian und Ralf at the begining...
Ralf is the complete Proto Metal Nerdz... geeky all the way.

Das ein ist für die Deutsches Freunden hier...

interview...

enjoy...

Classical stuffs...

Radio activity

new version.

The 80's typicall (yet 70's...) Das Modell... a hit single !
Softcell invented nothing...

ManMachine /MannMashine...
New versions : their Live performances are so awesome and they get their classical songs with moderne reality.
one of my favourite of them...
Notice the "CPC friendly" Demo in backscreen... Pixel Art all the way...

I dream of a CPC video clip of this song, using the Mode1 (of course... only 4colours needed... White, Black and red...
and also using one of the Voice synthetiser available on CPC...
But, well... I have no such thing and they are not implemented into the Emulators...
Perhapsa PLUS version with DMA samples...then...

BlackWerk or KraftSabbath...?
The beginings...less into electronics... but actually the first Industrial song...

Computer World :

Why so C64 ???

Computer Love :

original :

Modern Redone :

Cover by others:

The pillaging of Kraftwerk (a common accurence actually...)

Some of Kraftwerk's song are amongst the most sampled songs in the world... not kidding.
Most 80's Synthetisers were actually "Kraftwerk's sounds made easily for noobs" boxes.

They were the first to explore the Vocoder, Moog and Minimoog possibilities...
They basically invented the Digidrums... Krafting their own way before it was available on the market (80's...MIDI drums interfaces...)

And many of their themes are somewhat the living reason of this CPCwiki...

Pocket Calculator :
I just love the old RedShirt costume and the in front of the scene routine...

Deutsches.

English.

Another in classy Dark suit :

Clones/Clowns :

"8 bit" (that can't be played on a real 8 bit machine of course...) let's say 8 bit MIDI... well perhaps not this one... :D

Nintendon't...

The European aspect :
what was great in Kraftwerk is their clearly Pan-European concept...
They were into the european community before it really started to work...

Many of their songs were released in Deutsch, English or even French versions... or include all those languages ...
the leader can actually speak an almost flawless fluent French.

Impact on France :
France was one of the country were Kraftwerk managed to be #1 on charts.
No wonder the so called French Touch of electronic music movement occured...

Such a massive german invasion in France was unseen since WW2...
But this one was way cooler...  ;)

Impact on Rap :
Actually the main "white" influance on Rap Music... but also the greatest... they igave early Rapers the stuff to crafdt their sound and beats.

I've heard Rap beat was "invented" by mixing Transeurope express and Autobahn...

Nihon go Kraftwerk... sort of... but show the influance...

More asian fun...
the Kraftwerk ninja !
Electrodynamic entrie !!!

Kraftwerk and Samples :

Interviews :
most of time they don't do direct interview but you have to interview one of their Dummies/Robotic version...
But when you get a real one on hand, this is pissing funny...
:laugh:

Epic trolling at work... Epic Trollface too... staying classy germany... Problem Brazil ?
And somewhat butthurt brazilian Journalist... 8)

I am done now...
Sorry I know it is far a lot of Youtube links...
Hope it won't annoy anyone...

mr_lou

I never knew about Kraftwerk back then, but when I heard "The Model" on Synthesizer Greatest Vol 1 for the first time, I loved it.
In fact, I liked it so much I coded a BASIC version of it on my Amstrad.  :)
(Long time before I discovered trackers)

Yes, Kraftwerk were definitely ahead of their time.

MacDeath

would you be interested into the port of some Kraftwerk's songs on CPC (using modern Trakkers of course...) ?
::)

I'll give an ear to your Basic version though...

mr_lou

Quote from: MacDeath on 07:31, 01 March 11
would you be interested into the port of some Kraftwerk's songs on CPC (using modern Trakkers of course...) ?
::)

I'm interested in lots of things, but finding the time for everything is another thing.  ;)

Generally though, I prefer creating my own new tunes, rather than programming music originally done by someone else.

Gryzor

Nice post mate... can get lost in those vids :)

Bryce

Hey MacDeath,
      congratulations for A) the longest post ever and B) The post with the most video-links. I was a big Kraftwerk fan back then, "The Model" was one of the first singles I ever bought. I still like to have a retro evening now and again and Kraftwerk are always in the selection. But the Germans weren't the only ones defining electronic music back then and Jean Michel Jarre still gets played here while I'm soldering.

Bryce.

fano

Omg ! Thanks m8 , the subject was very interesting , about "the model" , this version is great :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqRCRmSiTP8 especially for a Rammstein fan  ;)

But next time , please think about comfort and people who own low specs machines instead of making huge posts of youtube vids  :-\ , just post links plz
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Devilmarkus

Kraftwerk is nice!
Don't forget my CPC-video  8)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

redbox

I've seen Kraftwerk play live, but I don't remember much about it[nb]Ah, the joys of a mis-spent youth[/nb].

MacDeath

Quoteplease think about comfort and people who own low specs machines instead of making huge posts of youtube vids  :-\ , just post links plz
That's perhaps why I put a disclaimer in the title... you know, I rarely give into disclaimer and warning, but when I do, I really mean it...

Also... well...
My Firefox is set so it does not open flash vids until I click on those...
So i don't get such problem... :D

And, well... stop Webbrowsing with your Amstrad PC1640...

To be fair "Das Model" is far from being my favourite KW's song...
Not grity nor Dark enough... :( sort of...

So I am always a bit sad that it is the most often Covered song...

Anyway nice CPC version.. 8)

QuoteI still like to have a retro evening now and again and Kraftwerk are   always in the selection. But the Germans weren't the only ones defining   electronic music back then and Jean Michel Jarre still gets played here   while I'm soldering.
Jarre... who is officially part of CPC history through "Captain Blood's Ark..."...er... "l'Arche du Capitaine Blood" .

But I think JM Jarre came a bit after KW...

KW really made the first Electronica hits... they popularised the future of Electronic in music...
And basically created the DigiDrum...

But to be fair, if I had knew KW during my youth (I discovered them... quite late... )I think I would have worked better at Deutsches lessonen... ;D

But... At the time I had not interest in German stuff, I was more into British speaking music (Metallica and so on) and Games Workshop Games (not always translated in French at the time...)