General Category > Off topic

Learning to Solder

(1/4) > >>

banana:
Is it very hard to learn to solder?What have your experiences been like? Is it one of those subjects you have to study to learn?

Shaun M. Neary:

--- Quote from: banana on 12:47, 15 June 21 ---Is it very hard to learn to solder?What have your experiences been like? Is it one of those subjects you have to study to learn?

--- End quote ---

It's easy enough to learn, the trick is to practice on some bits of junk before attacking something that's of real value to you.
Desoldering is harder as if not done correctly, you can pull the tracks off with the old solder.

banana:
Thanks! I have access to a soldering machine from my neighbor, what can I use to practice on? Like an old broken TV?

Shaun M. Neary:

--- Quote from: banana on 14:03, 15 June 21 ---Thanks! I have access to a soldering machine from my neighbor, what can I use to practice on? Like an old broken TV?

--- End quote ---

Anything really. Find some wire and anything with an old PCB, old laptop etc and have some fun with it. :)

Bryce:
Soldering is relatively easy, I've just recently taught my son (9) to solder right down to SMD size parts which he can now do quite well. However, it also depends on the iron, what type / model of iron does your neighbour have?

Bryce.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version