Look what happened on my way to work! Sometimes my life is far too surreal

Started by Badstarr, 08:59, 13 July 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Badstarr

Having woken up a half hour late for work, you would hope that nothing could delay me further, I mean something that wouldn't sound too far fetched when I try to explain why I'm 10 minutes over my expected arrival time! Anyway you can see me I'm driving the silver Hyundai coupe! So glad someone put this on YouTube so I know for sure I wasn't dreaming!

4 HORSES ON THE A19
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

arnoldemu

Quote from: Badstarr on 08:59, 13 July 12
Having woken up a half hour late for work, you would hope that nothing could delay me further, I mean something that wouldn't sound too far fetched when I try to explain why I'm 10 minutes over my expected arrival time! Anyway you can see me I'm driving the silver Hyundai coupe! So glad someone put this on YouTube so I know for sure I wasn't dreaming!

4 HORSES ON THE A19

are those horses running like 70mph?
nice.
:laugh:

I've seen a few things while driving on the m1 and a38.
socks all over the road, a car accident as it happens.
not seen horses on the road though.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Bryce

Shouldn't they have a racing trap attached and some upstanding members of the travelling community racing each other?

Bryce.

Badstarr

I'm not sure but I know i was going 70 with cruise control on and I can tell ya, they scared the hell outta me! You don't see it in the video as it starts just after I had to perform an emergency stop, my brain couldn't process what was happening, one second I could see a brown smudge on the horizon the next there was a bloody great horse about to step on my cars bonnet not only that but it had brought some friends too, I like the little pony at the back, mainly because it posed the least danger I think ! I did call 999 and informed the police just in case you were wondering!
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

arnoldemu

My games. My Games

Badstarr

Quote from: Bryce on 09:07, 13 July 12
Shouldn't they have a racing trap attached and some upstanding members of the travelling community racing each other?

Bryce.

There were two people standing either side of the road looking down towards the direction the horses were going so I assume they were the two of the jockeys who had clearly missed the start of the race, as for the other two, I assume they had slept in as I had done !  :laugh:

arnoldemu

with 128k and a plus machine the animation on those horses could be more fluid  :laugh:

clearly that is 64k on a 464
My games. My Games

Bryce

Imagine how good it would have looked if the CPC had 4MB!

Bryce.

fano

"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

beaker

Quote from: Bryce on 09:07, 13 July 12

Bryce.

Darn, beat me to it  ;D  Yeah come over to Kerry and see this on an almost daily basis with around 30 cars and spectators on either side of the carriageway. It's like medival Fast and Furious at 30mph  >:(

Badstarr

I guess if this sort of thing was a regular occurrence on the a19 I might have been less freaked out! This strange thing is, is that over the last few days with the crazy weather I had been (jokingly) predicting the apocolypse. Then I see 4 horses heading full tilt towards me (as I was to them) I did begin to wonder if the end was nigh, then I remembered that it's "the four horsemen of the apocolypse" so everything is ok now.

beaker

Quote from: Badstarr on 12:43, 13 July 12
This strange thing is, is that over the last few days with the crazy weather I had been (jokingly) predicting the apocolypse.

lol, that'll teach ya  :)

I guess if this sort of thing was a regular occurrence on the a19 I might have been less freaked out!

May be becoming more regular... Hope this one ended up with a better ending.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4750103.Riderless_horse_causes_A19_pile_up/

MaV

Then I see 4 horses heading full tilt towards me (as I was to them) I did begin to wonder if the end was nigh, then I remembered that it's "the four horsemen of the apocolypse" so everything is ok now.
Oh, that were the horsemens' horses alright. AFAIK, the horsemen themselves have been sacked. Clearly HE didn't want to pay them anymore, since they were just sitting there all day waiting for the apocalypse to happen, and that cost HIM way too much.

Which is a GOOD thing: Come the time for the apocalypse, HE is in need of four new guys who then will not have been properly introduced to the duties of the horsemen, and therefore will botch a lot. Gives me confidence for the future, it does. :P
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

beaker

Quote from: Bryce on 09:30, 13 July 12
Imagine how good it would have looked if the CPC had 4MB!

Bryce.

So, you've come to you senses then and will make us a 4MB RAM module?  :laugh:

MacDeath

reminds me that the "cross-street" (carrefour, crossed road but in town) right under my windows often see at least 1 accident per year...
I must have a few pictures somewhere... I often ear a big "crash" and can see peoples arguing each others just after... and wrecked cars just under my windows.

Nice to live in town.

Gryzor

Wtf, weird places you live in, people!

Weirdest thing happening to me is almost veering off road due to fish on the tarmac. There's a bridge somewhere in Greece that is lowered *in* the water to let boats pass over it; when it comes up there are lots of fish trapped (fantastic design, eh?). Luckily I wasn't speeding. I learned that fish are very slippery.

mfreeda

it really is odd how sometime you get to really experience the least expected thing, i had almost the sae experience too because i was also lare for work although nothing that surreal but then when i was expecting everything to just go smoothly then turns out it was a very unlucky day for me because i get to experience a lot of mishaps along the way which delayed me further i even had an ankle sprain that same day!