News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Merry (you guessed it) Christmas!

Started by Gryzor, 08:47, 25 December 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Lots of wishes for love and joy, everyone!..

I'm not a fan of "special" days as an excuse, but some times it's best to put down that CPC and go give a hug, or pick up the phone and let someone know you love them.

Well, unless you're a kid and there are two packages under the tree, a big cubic one and a smaller, long one (plus, preferably, a few smaller wrapped presents to go with them)!

Merry Christmas everyone!

T

radu14m

robcfg

Merry Christmas!

It's been some years since I registered here, and I'd like to say that they've been wonderful years and I expect more to come  ;)

Big hug for all of you!

AMSDOS

Every Xmas, I just feel like my Stomach wants to explode at the end of the day - and this year is no exception.

Can't you die from Too much food being forced down into you?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

seanb

Appy Chrimbo.
One of my presents is a nice little package from Poland that contains a nice little device called hxc.

Guess I won't be putting down my cpc today  ;D
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

MaV

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Unfortunately I caught a cold, so my joy of having a few days off of work is greatly diminished. (Stupid co-worker had to return too early to work from his f*cking cold.)

@AMSDOS: No, you'd throw up in time, I guess. Technically there's the possibility of your stomach tearing and causing internal bleeding. Don't know if there have been such cases, though.

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Lazy Dude

answer- soak up the food with expensive champagne and brandy!!
merry xmas to all and have a great new year

AMSDOS

Quote from: MaV on 19:55, 25 December 14

Ditto, sorry I didn't send my Xmas Wishes to earlier in my little Xmas Ranting Hissy Fit, so I hope everyone had a Good Xmas.

QuoteUnfortunately I caught a cold, so my joy of having a few days off of work is greatly diminished. (Stupid co-worker had to return too early to work from his f*cking cold.)

That's a shame. Sometimes I feel it's the Company rules which makes everyone suffer, cause if you take the day off work where I work, you have to see the Doctor and get a Medical Certificate, so when certain people are sick, they come into work. Though usually the things about Colds & Flu I think is normally you're spreading those around people you have the symptoms, though I'm not a qualified Doctor in that field.  ;D

Quote@AMSDOS: No, you'd throw up in time, I guess. Technically there's the possibility of your stomach tearing and causing internal bleeding. Don't know if there have been such cases, though.

I've thrown up before and it didn't happen yesterday, usually it happens with the heavier things like Meat. The lunch I had was fairly small with a little bit of Turkey, Chicken, Ham, Roast Potatoes, what was left of the Pumpkin & Peas with Gravy on top. But then there was all the Deserts - Pavlova, Brandy Snaps, Pumpkin Cake, Shortbreads, Trifle (which I didn't even get to), nobody managed to get to the Christmas Pudding or the Ice Cream.

So we got pumped up on puddings.

Your Computer Programs

seanb

Quote from: MaV on 19:55, 25 December 14

Unfortunately I caught a cold, so my joy of having a few days off of work is greatly diminished. (Stupid co-worker had to return too early to work from his f*cking cold.)

@AMSDOS: No, you'd throw up in time, I guess. Technically there's the possibility of your stomach tearing and causing internal bleeding. Don't know if there have been such cases, though.

This is the first Christmas in 3 years I don't have a cold
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

MaV

Quote from: AMSDOS on 22:02, 25 December 14That's a shame. Sometimes I feel it's the Company rules which makes everyone suffer, cause if you take the day off work where I work, you have to see the Doctor and get a Medical Certificate, so when certain people are sick, they come into work. Though usually the things about Colds & Flu I think is normally you're spreading those around people you have the symptoms, though I'm not a qualified Doctor in that field.  ;D
Well, the doctor sent him a week off to recuperate but he was still visibly sick when he returned. :(

QuoteSo we got pumped up on puddings.
Yummy! I had my fill of cookies and delicious duck.

Quote from: seanbThis is the first Christmas in 3 years I don't have a cold
Ouch. That surely sucked. Hopefully, you're now over that once and for all. :)

My big goal for next year will be not to get a cold or flu throughout the year. I know this will be awfully hard to achieve, living in a city has its disadvantages.

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

AMSDOS

Quote from: MaV on 19:16, 26 December 14
Well, the doctor sent him a week off to recuperate but he was still visibly sick when he returned. :(

Should of been ordered back to the Doctors for the full analysis.

I find it odd that if your sick and advise work, they tell you to go to the Doctors, but if you don't you don't get paid sick leave (if you're full time), but they were telling the casuals they needed to go to the Doctors - either way they still don't get paid.
I just don't get this I'm sick thing and I'm still coming into work and the workplace does nothing about it. They should say don't come back until your better.

Your Computer Programs

Border_7

Quote from: AMSDOS on 09:21, 27 December 14

Should of been ordered back to the Doctors for the full analysis.

I find it odd that if your sick and advise work, they tell you to go to the Doctors, but if you don't you don't get paid sick leave (if you're full time), but they were telling the casuals they needed to go to the Doctors - either way they still don't get paid.
I just don't get this I'm sick thing and I'm still coming into work and the workplace does nothing about it. They should say don't come back until your better.

You on wages or a salary? I guess it depends on the company / industry etc etc.

This is what does my head in: (this could be psuedocode almost!)

IF im off sick for 1 day, that's ok - no need for medical cert and paid as normal etc
IF im off sick for 2 or more consecutive days - medical certificate is required. No cert? Then you have taken Annual Leave.
(some companies make you get a certificate if you are sick for 1 day on a Friday or a Monday  ;D)

IF my wife / kids are sick (regardless of 1 day or longer) and I need to stay home to care for her/them - I need a medical certificate. No cert? Then you have taken Annual Leave.

Now the thing is, all of the above come out of the same "pot" of leave called Personal Leave. So whether I'm sick or my wife is, it all is the same thing. So you can see how annoying this is, when you need to rush off to the doctors getting certificates because your kid is sick or your wife is in order to not waste your holiday leave.

So, some people around these parts tend to call in sick when really is it their kids/spouse that is sick... it is just easier with no questions asked. As long as it's just 1 day...

I've gone way off topic now, so  Merry Belated Christmas to all! and Happy 2015!
01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111