News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
Z

Michael Jackson

Started by Zombie13, 01:30, 26 June 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie13

Malc, are the news reports true? BBC are saying it's a rumour, Sky's saying it's a fact.

:o

betpet

BBC are making it their headline right now.

I know Malc is a big fan of MJJ.  RIP.  His music defined the 1980s in my eyes.
Old Amstrad CPC 6128 owner. New Amstrad CPC 464 and 6128 owner. Getting back the love!

Zombie13

Aye - BBC and Sky have changed their stories from "rumours" and TMZ as a source to it being official.

R.I.P. The Thriller.  :-[

Gryzor

Carnivius

I actually thought I dreamt this at first.  Woke up in the hospital, three nurses looking down at me and smiling, and then my eyes glanced over to another patient reading the daily mirror with the headline 'jacko is dead' and wasn't til the next moment where I got a 'good morning' text from my girlfriend that I realised I was awake.  While I was never a huge fan I do consider several well known songs from his days with his brothers and his Thriller album to be complete classics.  Even if I haven't enjoyed much of his work since then it does seem surreal for him to just be dead now.  Sounds stupid but I never thought of him as being someone who could die, if that makes sense.  I dunno. 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Yeah, I know what you mean, and what you describe about waking up and seeing the paper just sums it up!

I was never a fan of his (though I love several of his songs*), and he had been away from music for several years now, but still... :(

ukmarkh

Probably the greatest entertainer I've ever seen. RIP

mr_lou

I just found this remix at CTGMusic.com, and listened to it a few times now. I actually think it's quite good.
Check it out.
http://www.ctgmusic.com/song.php?id=18272