News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
T

My Windows-based computer is full of VIRUSES and ERRORS! !!!HELP!!!

Started by tastefulmrship, 13:25, 23 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

tastefulmrship

I've just had a call from a guy (Indian or Sri Lankan) from I B Soft Services who said my Windows-based computer had lots of viruses and errors! My computer was sending this information to him! Wow! I AM IN TROUBLE! My computer is full of errors and viruses! What should I do? *panic*

(yes, I know it's a scam... written sarcasm is so difficult to get right!)

02081232363 ibsoftservices eventvwr scam
There are loads of recordings of this scam, but this one was pretty good I thought.

TFM

Two days ago a stranger called my using Skype(!) telling me the same shit. And thas stranger was even a robot voice. Well, how funny they are.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

OMG!!! Your FAMILY is in danger, doode! Give them your monies!!!

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:43, 23 September 11
OMG!!! Your FAMILY is in danger, doode! Give them your monies!!!
Ahhhh! Ok, ok! My PayPal account is NA4742467 and the password is Sm4llitud3... please, take all the monies! Save the peoples!

TFM

Sorry for getting totally offtopic. But who is that older guy cuddling with his brick? Is he from a Brittish TV series? (Probably everybody does know that, but I don't).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Bryce

Irish comedy actually - Farther Ted, one of my favourite series, I have the entire collection on DVD :)

Bryce.

TFM

And I got the whole weekend to scan the net for it :-))) Feck!!!
TFM of FutureSoft

awergh

What I want to see is someone in response to one of these particular phone calls to confuse them by trying to get them to find "viruses" on your CPC.

Indian Scammer: Now press Win + R
CPC User: I can't find a Win key
Indian Scammer: Press Start
CPC User: I don't have a mouse can I use a joystick instead?

AMSDOS

Quote from: Bryce on 22:55, 23 September 11
Irish comedy actually - Farther Ted, one of my favourite series, I have the entire collection on DVD :)

Bryce.

Yet you hate Allo Allo!  :o  Bizarre!  :laugh:
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Comparing Allo Allo with Father Ted is like comparing a rusty bicycle with a new ferrari, Father Ted is absolutely brilliant (if you understand it, but I think you really need to be Irish to REAL get it).

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Bryce on 20:02, 24 September 11
Comparing Allo Allo with Father Ted is like comparing a rusty bicycle with a new ferrari, Father Ted is absolutely brilliant (if you understand it, but I think you really need to be Irish to REAL get it).

Bryce.

If you think Allo Allo is bad you should hear some Yank pretending to be an Aussie, absolutely Hopeless. At least Allo Allo is done in the right Continent!  :P  I understand Father Ted perfectly as good as it is, it has used some of the formulations used in Allo Allo!  :P  As far as Aussies go, I think I've only seen an Aussie depict an Aussie well - American's are hopeless - their good at being themselves. Anyone can stuff up though, look at Cate Blanchett in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for example if you want an Aussie getting it wrong - whoops!  ;D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3