News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Super Mario Bros 2

Started by EgoTrip, 20:10, 17 August 12

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

Anybody got this?

My copy arrived this morning, ive played for around 4 hours in short bursts, and i'm on world 6 already and unlocked one of the special worlds too, which I wont spoil for anyone. I'm not the best gamer in the world but I'm finding this quite easy. Some of the levels have an amateurish feel to them. On the whole its not a bad game, its a competent SMB title, its slightly better than NSMB on the DS. But it just seems like they have ran out of ideas and its lacking that magic that SMB3 and SMW had. The gold rush is just a gimmick to add cheap replay value to it.

if you do intend on buying it, heres a massive tip, but really its a no-brainer. Buy a physical copy, do not buy it from the download store. Its more expensive to download, which is fucked up.

Gryzor

Quote from: EgoTrip on 20:10, 17 August 12
Buy a physical copy, do not buy it from the download store. Its more expensive to download, which is fucked up.
Dear god, like Kindle editions being more expensive than the paperbacks on Amazon... wtf?

EgoTrip

Ridiculous isn't it. Just goes to show how much they care about profit and how little they respect their customers. They prey on the ill-informed. With next to no overheads, especially in the case of Nintendo where there are no third parties with their in-house software, it should be a lot cheaper.

Bryce

I read somewhere, that the Amazon "issue" is because the law is such that the publisher can control the price of the book, but the digital version isn't covered by this rule, so Amazon milks it.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Well, either way, *someone* milks it/us, and the end result is totally absurd...