News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

No ROM upload?

Started by TFM, 22:42, 24 April 16

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Can we please have an ROM upload? It's only 16 KB!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

rpalmer

which ROM in particular?

Audronic

?
This one OK
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

tastefulmrship

It's getting boring, now! Live with it or go away!

EDIT: Also,the post above (by Audronic) proves WHY .dsk and .rom files have to be compressed!

Gryzor

All that can be said, is said. Thanks guys.

TFM

Quote from: Audronic on 03:07, 25 April 16
?
This one OK

That's a zip file, not a rom file. The actual problem is that this interface gives you an error message, then all your post is gone! So all time wasted and all great lyrics are gone for ever. That's the actual problem. Zipping itself would not be that time consuming, but I simply have the time to type everything a couple of times.
So it would be nice to allow .ROM upload, or is there a serious argument against it?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Yes, the arguments made before, actually.

TFM

That a 16 KB ROM does waste too much space? Or do I miss one now?  :-*

Ok, then leave it like it is, your decision of course.  :)

But can you please at least change the interface, so that not all the text one does enter does disappear?
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Thanks, not going to go into it again...

As for the 'interface" issue, can you describe in some detail what you mean?

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:08, 25 April 16
As for the 'interface" issue, can you describe in some detail what you mean?

I enter the text of a post, a long post, ... then I add an .ROM for upload. Then the interface gives me an error message. Now I can either go back or confirm that error. In both cases all the text I typed in is gone. That's bothersome.
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

I used to get that interface issue too: When you press send and an error occurs (bad attachment or dodgy jpg) you can then only use the "back" button, but the field where you typed the text is then empty when you go back. Very annoying, but it doesn't seem to happen any more, so I assume it was a problem of the browser rather than the forum.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 15:30, 25 April 16
I used to get that interface issue too: When you press send and an error occurs (bad attachment or dodgy jpg) you can then only use the "back" button, but the field where you typed the text is then empty when you go back. Very annoying, but it doesn't seem to happen any more, so I assume it was a problem of the browser rather than the forum.

Bryce.

Happened to me yesterday, so yes, probably a browser problem. However imho the most easy way out would be to allow all files in general.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

1024MAK

I don't know if it is just a browser issue, but if the browser has to reload the page from scratch, you will loose your typed in text >:( .

It can happen in other forums and other web pages as well.

It has happened so many times to me, that if I am writing a post of any length (a long or detailed post), I either write it in a text editer or copy it before hitting the post button.

Then if it all goes wrong, I still have my text  :D

Mark

Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

TFM

Well, that's what I do -usually- too, Control-A, Control-C and one is on the save side. BUT the single time one forgets it, it will happen. Murphys law.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

1024MAK

Quote from: TFM on 18:18, 25 April 16BUT the single time one forgets it, it will happen. Murphys law.  ;)
Yep,  :P , been there, done that, got the T-shirt, baseball cap and mug....
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

SRS

Oh man, this happened to me three or four times here, too. So some of my posts may be shorter and have not that much
information it had before.

Now most times I write in notepad and copypaste, too. But somehow this is ... annoying. I agree.

Gryzor

I always copy my text before hitting Post... you never know. But I also use an extension (Lazarus) that does the job for me and saves all my input.