News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

One for my UK friends

Started by Gryzor, 07:57, 22 May 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Since Threads has been mentioned a few times in this forum...

Threads: Film's traffic warden found after plea by documentary makers

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-69017540

Bryce

I think you'll find that most mentions of Threads here in the forum were in the "Sewing and knitting" sub-forum. 
They're not the threads referred to in your link.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Maybe I should get some more sleep, I don't understand your comment...

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:26, 22 May 24Maybe I should get some more sleep, I don't understand your comment...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(yarn)

Bryce.

Gryzor

What is this Wikipedia thing, I get all my info from Encarta.

Bryce

Encarta! New age Interweb schnick-schnack Humbug! The only true factual reference for the modern day scholar is the Hardcover 32 Volume edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica, which proudly adorns the shelves of my library and reading room.

Bryce.   

merman

This thread is such pure gold Rumpelstiltskin must have spun it ;D

Gryzor

No firstborns were harmed in the making of this thread. 

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:04, 23 May 24No firstborns were harmed in the making of this thread.

Speak for yourself! I had to sacrifice two goats on a hilltop just for the first post.

Bryce.

Gryzor

I thought moderators were exempt from that?

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:35, 24 May 24I thought moderators were exempt from that?

Only if they've successfully completed (and survived) the "Fire ceremony of moderate moderation", which I haven't. 
I had a dentist appointment on the day.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Makes sense, on that day we received a sacrifice of two wisdom teeth from a dentist near you in our secret subforum. 

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:49, 24 May 24Makes sense, on that day we received a sacrifice of two wisdom teeth from a dentist near you in our secret subforum.

I was none the wiser.

Bryce.