News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Personal Computer World magazine Amstrad articles (1984-85)

Started by scruss, 00:24, 05 June 20

Previous topic - Next topic

scruss

Some kind soul on Stardot uploaded an almost-complete set of Personal Computer World Magazine from 1978-1985 to the Internet Archive. Some interesting first reviews of Amstrad machines:

arkive

Do you have link to the whole collection? I can only see this one: https://archive.org/details/personalcomputerworld

It does not have  years 84-85 though.

rambler

scruss

Yeah, the files get moved manually to that PCW "collection", so it's not quite up to date

arkive

I did try the general search, the reason I'm asking about collection is because with these I can use the Archive Downloader.

The search yields a page which AD can not process. I tried it there with jDownloader but it gets wild and wants to download the whole archive.org...not sure how to tame it.

I guess I could do it manually but it's still quite a lot of work, even just for the years which interest me (up to 1986).

scruss

Some of the scans are really huge - like 400 MB/issue and won't have OCR in them.
Why download? Internet Archive's not going anywhere.

arkive

I always choose to have stuff on my HDD if possible, for various reasons. Don't need the biggest scans or OCR really. And the future of archive.org is anything but assured, unfortunately (just like any other web based service). Their latest "emergency library" trouble is just one example what might happen, if it goes badly for them.