News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Oh, those chinese...

Started by Gryzor, 10:56, 16 May 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Yesterday I got my electronic IR thermometer from Deal Extreme. The instructions are pretty good, all things considered, but one thing caught my eye:
"max power consumption during measurement: 3 million watts".

Comes with a faux-leather case, two batteries, and a pocket nuclear reactor.

Bryce

Is that a Thermo-nuclear device then? :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Heheheh, that was a good one.

Devilmarkus

How's its name?
Fukushima Weather Station?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Chinese, not japanese. So it'd probably be Beijing Smog Controller or something.

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

MaV

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:56, 16 May 12
..., two batteries, ...
I blame those.

Batteries from hell?

Even if they won't provide enough power for the thermometer anymore, you could probably heat your flat for the next 100 years. ;)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

Quote from: MaV on 15:29, 16 May 12
I blame those.

Batteries from hell?

Even if they won't provide enough power for the thermometer anymore, you could probably heat your flat for the next 100 years. ;)

Heck yeah. I did take a look at them, they were suspiciously lacking in the info department. Maybe it's a new chinese technology or something. Nevermind, it'll come in handy after oil dries up here in Greece, as long as I find a way to wire them up to my car.

TFM

Maybe this device can be connected to the CPC using a CPC-Booster+ and this one wire protocol. Antitec talked about it. And I really would sleep better if a CPC monitors such special stuff.

On the other hand, in case of problems just put it close to the banksters  :P
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mfreeda

hahahaha i have had the same experience everytime i buy products made from china sometimes it really does give me a good laugh to read thepriduct descriptions as sometimes they dont make sense at all! it was really something that was sort of a habit for me everytime i go to a sotre where i buy my chinese made product i tend to read the labels and descriptions first just to give myself a giggle!

TFM

Never ever get a chines hamster. The manual is horrible  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus