News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Football

Started by TFM, 05:13, 02 July 12

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Well done Spain!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

beaker

Definitely gave a master class in football. Well deserved.
And Torres got the golden boot - how did that happen given how poor he's been in recent seasons in the Premiership?

SyX

We are very lucky of having this generation of players at last, and we are enjoying everyday as it was the last :) ... before them we had disappointment behind disappointment, my first football memory was Argentina'78, a big dissappointment even being a 4 years child  :P

With respect to Torres, it's more a Chelsea problem, in the spanish team he is another piece in a well-oiled machine; until the new Chelsea coach they didn't know where put him, since then he has had a great last month in the season, recovered just in time for the Euro :)

beaker

Quote from: SyX on 14:26, 02 July 12
With respect to Torres, it's more a Chelsea problem, in the spanish team he is another piece in a well-oiled machine; until the new Chelsea coach they didn't know where put him, since then he has had a great last month in the season, recovered just in time for the Euro :)

True, also I think Torres doesn't come across as the strongest of personalities and at Chelsea he was coming into an established team dominated by Drogba up front and had the expectations associated with the huge transfer fee, and he seemed to bottle it, missing sitters in front of goal. As you say, when the pressure was off playing in a well-oiled machine he shows what he's capable of, but I don't think his confidence has completely returned yet and that's why he wasn't starting every game in the Euros, possibly?

All I can say is it should have been England winning. If Uefa didn't sabotage the English by giving Rooney a 2 match ban, he would have been more match fit and they could have thrashed Italy, then Germany 5-1 to face Spain in the finals...  :laugh:

Gryzor

Damn, I thought this was a discussion about 1-pixel scrolling. Moving on...

SyX

Quote from: beaker on 15:30, 02 July 12
True, also I think Torres doesn't come across as the strongest of personalities and at Chelsea he was coming into an established team dominated by Drogba up front and had the expectations associated with the huge transfer fee, and he seemed to bottle it, missing sitters in front of goal. As you say, when the pressure was off playing in a well-oiled machine he shows what he's capable of, but I don't think his confidence has completely returned yet and that's why he wasn't starting every game in the Euros, possibly?
Well, that is a complex question, in normal conditions, without Villa injured (the spanish maximum scorer ever), both would play in alternation. But being Villa out, the coach made a different bet (a fake 9 with Cesc), and it has worked great, but Torres has taken advantage everytime he has been in the field.

But i agree with you, the next season without Drogba, it will be a nice test for him and he need to recover his confidence, because Brazil 2014 is going to be the end of this generation and we'll need his best :) ... and crossing the fingers for Xavi doesn't hang up his boots too soon  ;)

England??? Nouuuu :P

trocoloco

CAMPEOOOONES CAMPEOOOOONES OEOEOEEEEEE  :P

MacDeath

Hahaha... those Italians had no amstrad and got corrected badly...

Olivetti sucks !

nice job España.

anyway, Latin Europa went well this year.

robcfg

I'm half-german, so I'm only half-happy  :P

I would have liked a Spain-Germany final match, but hey, you can't ask for everything!

TFM

Since some time the Spanish team is an own league. A class for themselves. I mean 4:0 is not just a game, they kicked butts! And I like it ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

villain

Quote from: robcfg on 22:17, 02 July 12
I would have liked a Spain-Germany final match, but hey, you can't ask for everything!

For sure I would not have liked this. Those spanish guys already were way too strong for the italians... What would have happened to our guys if they had met the spanish teams. I already get nightmares.  8)  But they will strike back in 2014, without Podolski.

TFM

Quote from: villain on 21:24, 03 July 12

For sure I would not have liked this. Those spanish guys already were way too strong for the italians... What would have happened to our guys if they had met the spanish teams. I already get nightmares.  8)  But they will strike back in 2014, without Podolski.
Well, if there would have been a final Spain - Germany, then Germany would have beaten the Italians before. So the resuslt would may have been only 3:1. But Spain - Italy was 4:0  :P
TFM of FutureSoft

mfreeda

i am a big football fan and i have always rooted for Spain i just think that they have really established themselves aa a country that really tops if not always then most of the time. i a really amazed at how the country really take this sport by heart that they really give all ou supprt to their players and you can really see the passion for this.i do hope that they win again and give us a good game to watch