News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Size of staples used for Amstrad Gx4000 manuals

Started by Phil Smith, 12:14, 03 June 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Smith

Does anyone know what size staples are used for GX4000 manuals? I want to replace a couple of rusty ones!

They seem to be a strange size, the crown (length) is rather long around 150mm, but most staples sizes measure the thickness & leg (height).

Any help where to obtain some replacements would be handy, if they exist anymore!

Thanks

tjohnson

Now this is some new level of obession!

Bryce

I think they were AWG23/8, but be careful, you need to get the original zinc plated parts, many of the new ones are stainless steel. That would be just wrong.

Bryce.

EddieRoyaleWithCheese

where are you? I'm on the south coast (england) if you're in the UK I could send you one of mine.

i have 2 pristine gx4000s and the manuals are perfect. i don't care if i don't have the second booklet

i think you might have trouble trying to restaple them or bending them into position

how bout if you are in the uk, we swap them?

tjohnson

Quote from: Bryce on 15:08, 03 June 20
I think they were AWG23/8, but be careful, you need to get the original zinc plated parts, many of the new ones are stainless steel. That would be just wrong.

Bryce.

The zinc plating must have all worn off is they are rusting now.  You can buy plating kits and use electrolytic rust removal using a simple 12v psu and soda crystals.  Atleast you will know they are original, maintain the authenticity and not a modern day replacement

||C|-|E||

This reminds me my quest to find the perfect staples for a few Megadrive manuals that were mint besides them. I ended cleaning and plating the original ones... it seems that I am not alone  :D

Bryce

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 19:18, 18 July 20
This reminds me my quest to find the perfect staples for a few Megadrive manuals that were perfect besides them. I ended cleaning and plating the original ones... it seems that I am not alone  :D

Nope, the queue in front of the madhouse is long! :D

Bryce.