News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Something is very wrong with the postal system at the moment.

Started by Bryce, 20:14, 12 November 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

People, I have completely stopped sending/posting things at the moment, so @protek and @ComSoft6128  I haven't sent your parcels yet. @robcfg : I've opened a case with Hermes regarding your stuff.

To put things in perspective, I have 8 parcels in transit at the moment (incoming and outgoing), sent with DHL, UPS GLS and Hermes. 6 of these have gone missing and I've had to open cases to find them. Hopefully they all turn up, but obviously something is very wrong with the postal system at the moment. Either things are arriving weeks late or are being lost completely. Because of this, I've decided it's better that people have to wait than to feed the system with more things for them to lose. I hope all involved understand. I could understand if we were deep into the christmas delivery season, but we're not. These companies seem to have just "optimised" themselves into a state of non-functionality and we are paying the price. As soon as I get the feeling that things have stabilised I will start sending things again.

Bryce.

Dubliner

I saw in the news that they are in deep trouble indeed. Some distributions center in Köln had to deal with organized clans of workes who stealed thousands of euros in stuff.
I had myself a parcel stoped for 3 weeks until i opened a case with DHL.

Audronic

@Bryce

Yes same problem here In Australia, some items take over 2 1/2 months to get here. ?

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

robcfg

In Sweden we have to deal with PostNord, which is less than ideal...

They don´t deliver packages, they lose invoices and other important stuff. My wife and I have started calling them "LostNord".

For a country where a lot of important stuff is still sent via snail mail, it's a dreadful situation.

@Bryce , Don't worry if it takes long, I'm in no hurry at all. Sorry for the trouble, and a big thank you for your kind help!

Johnny Olsen

mr_lou

Quote from: robcfg on 23:10, 12 November 19
In Sweden we have to deal with PostNord, which is less than ideal...

They don´t deliver packages, they lose invoices and other important stuff. My wife and I have started calling them "LostNord".

Same here in Denmark. I'll remember that one... "LostNord".   :)

I didn't know things were that bad. I better check people received my packages. I recently sent 3.

So I guess it's now we should mail each other USB sticks with viruses (the recipient obviously knowing and not using them in case they reach their destination). Then hope they're stolen.  :)
Attach a letter: "Here are the pics of those hot naked girls you requested".

siccoyote

Is it maybe the build up toward christmas?
With Hermes I used to swear by them but recently I stopped using them and only send by Royal Mail now and always make sure I have enough insurance. Used to think it wasn't worth it.

Bryce

It's a bit early for the christmas rush. I've done some research and it seems that DHLs tracking system has toppled. Even third party trackers (I use Parcelsapp.com) are taking over 10 minutes to retrieve DHL data where they would normally only need seconds. Let's see if anything ever arrives. I'm definitely not going to send anything more until things start arriving.

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Audronic on 22:13, 12 November 19
@Bryce

Yes same problem here In Australia, some items take over 2 1/2 months to get here. ?

Ray

And I was hoping to send off some stuff overseas!  :(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Bryce

For those who can read German, here's the reason why DHL parcels aren't arriving (in Germany):

https://www.welt.de/print/welt_kompakt/debatte/article199531080/Aufstand-bei-der-Post.html
This also explains why I haven't even been getting normal post either since a few days. It doesn't explain why the other couriers aren't delivering though.

Bryce.

Bryce

Sooo... This morning one of the parcels turned up. It was in transit for over 6 weeks. It was sent from a city less than 200km away  :picard:
I could have walked there, picked it up and walked back quicker than that.

Bryce.

Edit: Things seem to be moving. Two of the parcels that have sat in the same place for weeks are suddenly on the move again. Unfortunately the parcel for @robcfg isn't one of them.

Gryzor

No kidding, at 40Km a day you could walk over there, have a luxurious vacation and get back and still have all the time in the world to twiddle your tumbs and have the exact same conversation.

Meanwhile today I received a parcel from Ireland and one from poland, both ordered last Friday :D

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:48, 14 November 19
No kidding, at 40Km a day you could walk over there, have a luxurious vacation and get back and still have all the time in the world to twiddle your tumbs and have the exact same conversation.

Meanwhile today I received a parcel from Ireland and one from poland, both ordered last Friday :D

Now you're just boasting.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Oh yes, the local postal system is totally awesome and this was totally the norm.

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: AMSDOS on 10:23, 13 November 19

And I was hoping to send off some stuff overseas!  :(
Use bottle mail, it's faster :)