News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started a podcast! - The Kilobytes Podcast

Started by khisanth, 20:34, 20 November 09

Previous topic - Next topic

khisanth

Hey everyone. Been away for quite a while now, but am glad to be back!

Just to let you know I have started a podcast covering the retro scene, not focusing on any particular platform or anything but a definite musical slant to it. Done 2 episodes and boy is it hard work!!! Need to develop a "flow" to it but getting there!

Can find it on itunes store under The Kilobytes Podcast or from my site:
www.khisanth.com/podcast

Want to play music from all machines, so any recommendations for sites would be good. The CPC YM tune websites mentioned elsewhere has been great!!

Zombie13

I've subscribed! Haven't had a chance to listen yet though, but will probably put it on tomorrow.

If you're after Amiga music, Stone Oakvalley's Amiga Music Collection is awesome. You can grab the original Amiga music file, an MP3, or the (recommended) 65% stereo mixed MP3 which is much easier on the ears.

http://www.paula8364.com

khisanth

Gryzor

Oh! This is great news... please do add the link to the Wiki's links section!

Finally, something new to listen to while in the car back from work... How often do you hope to put out releases?

khisanth

when i get into it once a month hopefully . . .

Gryzor

khisanth

i know, but with the amount of time I have where I can focus AND be motivated every month is more than enough to start with!!!

I never realised how much work you need to put in with all the research, recording and mastering etc.

Gryzor

Oh yes, don't worry, I completely agree - never done it, but I *am* guessing it does need lots of work...

khisanth

so for those people who do a weekly podcast AND keep it fresh and interesting I have the utmost respect for :)

Gryzor

Well, then again some people do have LOTS of spare time[/b] in their hands! :D