News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

R-Type shipping issues (from: Space Moves / Toní Ramírez)

Started by Dubliner, 19:52, 09 June 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubliner

Quote from: TotO on 08:39, 08 June 20
The box form factor is probably the problem that require to sent it as packet and not letter, and the packaging is not free. May be they can send using Mondial Relay instead ? (I do that from France to Spain)
and when you send to Germany? Because i am still waiting for the R-Type i order to you and paid in March 2017.

TotO

Quote from: Dubliner on 19:52, 09 June 20
and when you send to Germany? Because i am still waiting for the R-Type i order to you and paid in March 2017.
I'm not sure the topic was related to that... But well: You paid 14.90€ for the R-Type game box including a standard shipping mail (not tracked, not insured) while the other choice was 18.90€ with registered mail (tracked, insured). As you know, it was not possible to know why you didn't received it. I apologise, but that was the real cost of the material, packaging and shipping fees, so it was not possible for me to do better. But, it seems that you can't understand that is not my fault.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

reidrac

Lol.

I understand this is off-topic; but it is on topic in a way, as we discuss shipping costs.

Unless agreed otherwise beforehand (I guess), I think most people would assume that if you pre-pay for a product and the parcel gets lots in the mail, you would be sent a replacement copy.

I mean, that's what is common practice; and it is very interesting because very often the people that are louder complaining about costs (and everything, really) are in countries that mail gets lost more often, and obviously they expect a replacement and... ALSO will complain because of the delays, etc.

I think expectations need to be set accordingly. IMHO Matra is right to set the shipping costs they think are best for their operation, and if people want to complain... fair enough. Don't buy it.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Dubliner

Quote from: TotO on 21:37, 09 June 20
I'm not sure the topic was related to that... But well: You paid 14.90€ for the R-Type game box including a standard shipping mail (not tracked, not insured) while the other choice was 18.90€ with registered mail (tracked, insured). As you know, it was not possible to know why you didn't received it. I apologise, but that was the real cost of the material, packaging and shipping fees, so it was not possible for me to do better. But, it seems that you can't understand that is not my fault.

Oh, I see. So when you offer to send me another one in August 2017 you were lying. Good to know!

Just to clarify:

- I paid early March
- One month later I had no news. I asked and you said you still didn't send it
- I suggested you that you could use your visit to Revision to send it from there using Hermes which provides tracked shipping for just 3,89€
- in early June I am surprised I didn't receive anything and ask again. You tell me you gave it to someone to be sent and you need to ask.
- again, one month after not hearing anything I ask again and then you tell me the parcel is lost.
- in August you offered to send a new one, which you never did.

I think I was patient and polite enough.

TotO

Quote from: Dubliner on 08:57, 10 June 20
Just to clarify:
- I paid early March
- One month later I had no news. I asked and you said you still didn't send it
- I suggested you that you could use your visit to Revision to send it from there using Hermes which provides tracked shipping for just 3,89€
- in early June I am surprised I didn't receive anything and ask again. You tell me you gave it to someone to be sent and you need to ask.
- again, one month after not hearing anything I ask again and then you tell me the parcel is lost.
- in August you offered to send a new one, which you never did.
I think I was patient and polite enough.

First, I would like to remember to you and others that I'm not a shop. I have done everything on my free time...
Not only the box, but the game too. I don't won one euro on that project.

What you have forgot, or you don't know:
- March: I have asked 14.90€ with standard mail or 19.90€ with registered mail (tracked and insured). You paid 14.90€.
- March: I have first build games and sent them to France before going to Spain with games to allow peoples to save shipping fees.
- April: I have asked extra 2€ to peoples because the final package was over the target weight. You have never payed that.
- April: At the Revision event, Prodatron was kind to post three games in exchange of a 10€ bill, to peoples who have payed 16.90€.
- April: Back to France, I have send all the pending orders to any countries, mainly the 19.90€ registered mails and standard mails.
- June: You said me that you have not received your game. I though first that it was sent from the Revision and tried to know why.
- July: After some research, I have answered to you that your game was send from France... (the reason is above)
- August: I have said to you: "I think that I'm able to build one more to send it to you again", but I was not able to build one more.

Quote from: Dubliner on 08:57, 10 June 20Oh, I see. So when you offer to send me another one in August 2017 you were lying. Good to know!
Yes, you can see that you goes cheap from the begin to the end... I'm really curious to know who will have to pay the shipping fees for you the second time if it was possible to build it... Good to know?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

kawickboy

Dubliner

Quote from: TotO on 18:04, 10 June 20
First, I would like to remember to you and others that I'm not a shop. I have done everything on my free time...
Not only the box, but the game too. I don't won one euro on that project.

What you have forgot, or you don't know:
- March: I have asked 14.90€ with standard mail or 19.90€ with registered mail (tracked and insured). You paid 14.90€.
- March: I have first build games and sent them to France before going to Spain with games to allow peoples to save shipping fees.
- April: I have asked extra 2€ to peoples because the final package was over the target weight. You have never payed that.
- April: At the Revision event, Prodatron was kind to post three games in exchange of a 10€ bill, to peoples who have payed 16.90€.
- April: Back to France, I have send all the pending orders to any countries, mainly the 19.90€ registered mails and standard mails.
- June: You said me that you have not received your game. I though first that it was sent from the Revision and tried to know why.
- July: After some research, I have answered to you that your game was send from France... (the reason is above)
- August: I have said to you: "I think that I'm able to build one more to send it to you again", but I was not able to build one more.
Yes, you can see that you goes cheap from the begin to the end... I'm really curious to know who will have to pay the shipping fees for you the second time if it was possible to build it... Good to know?
You asked me for 2€ euros because of overweight? I don't remember that at all. I really doubt you ever asked me that because your comunication was really shitty and i had to wait most of the time one bloody month for every answer. 5 bloody months indeed. And you never said that you weren't able to build a new one.

I would have gladly paid for the shipping for the second unit because i understand that you are not a shop. I was unemployed back in those days, but i am sure in five months i had saved enough for a second shipping. Now you can forget about it.

TotO

Quote from: Dubliner on 22:27, 10 June 20
You asked me for 2€ euros because of overweight? I don't remember that at all. I really doubt you ever asked me that because your comunication was really shitty.
You can check your private message, I have asked the 2€ extra to all the early preorders, not only you ( @CraigsBar @HAL 6128 , ... too) and I'm sure they can confirm. And next, I have asked 16.90€ to the late preorders. I have screens of the PM and the PayPal payements as proof if required.

Because you have answered to this PM that I can ship from the Revision using the Hermes post for 3.xx€, you can't said that is a communication problem from me... Please, stop.... All is into the PM history!

Quote from: Dubliner on 22:27, 10 June 20I would have gladly paid for the shipping for the second unit because i understand that you are not a shop. I was unemployed back in those days, but i am sure in five months i had saved enough for a second shipping. Now you can forget about it.
Please... You said that I'm lying, that I said shit, ... No respect for me or my work ... Today, I'm close to be happy to not have enough game covers and instructions manual to build one extra for you, because you finally looks to be of bad faith.

Dubliner

Quote from: TotO on 10:20, 11 June 20

Because you have answered to this PM that I can ship from the Revision using the Hermes post for 3.xx€, you can't said that is a communication problem from me... Please, stop.... All is into the PM history!
Yeah, you can check the PM history. You took always one bloody month to give life signals, not only for the Hermes thing but for everything! One month later after payment, still not send, i had to ask you if you already send it and then you told me that still not. I ask you about the shipping status, you take one month to answer back. It was 5 bloody months since the payment until giving up on this. Don't dare to say that you didn't have a communication problem with me. Bad faith my ass.

TotO

Please, stop with this disinformation and vulgarity...

When you have asked about the shipping status, I have answered two days later.
All the project updates was on the cpc-wiki dedicated topic and nobody got problem with that, except you 3 years latter!

EDIT: Comparing the PM exchanges, you mostly have the answer into the day, at worst only 3 days next... (I have a life too).

Dubliner

Are you kidding me? That's not really true. First, i had to ask one month later because you never said it was sent and then you told me it wasn't still sent. Then when i asked because i still haven't received anything you told me you had to ask because it was sent from Revision but you never answer after that and one month later i had to ask again and then you told me the parcel was lost. Then you offered me a replacemente but NEVER told me you could not provide it.

I don't have the problem 3 years later. I have the problem SINCE 3 years ago because i informed you and first you gave contradictory information (sent from Revision, not sent from Revision) and then offered a solution which you never deliver without telling me that you could not deliver.
But never mind, i'm tired of this crap. Not that import you anything anyways.

Gryzor

Guys, I think maybe it's time to put this thread to sleep? Please?

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:48, 11 June 20
Guys, I think maybe it's time to put this thread to sleep? Please?
Yes, because it is implausible for me to read that... Please delete/close this off topic or publish the PM.

reidrac

Yes; all this is very painful to read.

Did he pay for the game? Yes. Did he receive the game? No. Did he had a refund? No. All the other bits are just noise.

There are lots of things to consider; this is a hobby, post can be unreliable, there's always risk in business (even if you're non profit). But you can always do the right thing.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

TotO

Did he pay for a tracking: No? Did he pay to be insured? No. If tomorrow you sell something to someone and it is lost, it is sad but that was the risk.
Many peoples play the game to save some shipping fees (the original discussion before the split) and expect that all will goes fine in 99% of the case.
When you are kind to try to help and it is possible, it is perfect... When it is not, you do not have to blame the other because your initial choice.

reidrac

Quote from: TotO on 10:04, 12 June 20
Did he pay for a tracking: No? Did he pay to be insured? No. If tomorrow you sell something to someone and it is lost, it is sad but that was the risk.

Sure. I won't buy anything from you, ever.

TotO

And??? You are misunderstood here, because it was his choice when the order was placed and not something that I have decided after.
Most peoples have chosen with registered mail when they have ordered. I have not to pay insurance for you if you don't want it.

I have always kindly replaced when possible R-Type floppy disc, provided extra box when broken, shipped extra expansion boards or replaced/sent some parts, cables for free, repaired CPC for free, provided free kits to start projects (like the MotherX4 for the @Duke M4, PlayCity for @Targhan Arkos Tracker V2, CPC-AY for @GUNHED game/OS, X-MEM / X-MASS designs for @madram OrgAms, and many others since 10 years ago...).  I have no irrespect to receive. I repeat, I'M NOT A SHOP, it is a leisure and I haven't to lose money because peoples choices!  :picard2:

Duke

Imho. it is obvious that if a buyer do not pay for tracked/insured shipping, the RISK is on the buyer if the parcel gets lost.
- Otherwise a buyer with bad intentions could claim the parcel did not arrive etc. A seller could do the same, but then his reputation would become bad.

I have shipped like 98% of the M4 boards unregistered, uninsured & untrackable, simply because tracked shipping is too expensive from here (about 28 euro). I do however consider it the buyers risk to buy the board with unregistered shipping, not mine (I do not pay the shipping nor decide which method is used). Given that the loss has been so few (less than 10 parcels), I have paid partial (most) costs for a replacement when lost, but still I consider it good will and absolutely not an obligation.

Communications is another matter, and I think that is really what has gone wrong in this case. Too bad, get on with it.

abalore

Quote from: reidrac on 09:39, 12 June 20
Did he pay for the game? Yes. Did he receive the game? No. Did he had a refund? No. All the other bits are just noise.
Sorry, I strongly disagree with you. What if someone receive the game and then he says he didn't receive? will he get the game for free? What if a neighbor picks the envelope from the mailbox? have the seller to pay for that?

Every adult person knows what the tracked/certified mail is, if you don't pay for it you absolutely have no the right to do a complaint.

arkive

Quote from: reidrac on 10:08, 12 June 20
Sure. I won't buy anything from you, ever.

I'm sorry, but if you don't pay for tracking you have no right to expect a refund in case something goes wrong. I'm not sure where the notion that you do is coming from. After all the years of ebay trading and zillions of unscrupulous buyers/sellers, "it is known", it's just how it works.

@Duke Geez...28E? Where are you? I've recently ordered some stuff from UK to Poland and paid ~16 pounds, and these were big parcels (DPD, over 5kg). I think there was automatic insurance of up to 50 quid item worth on them, and of course they were tracked by default.

Duke

Quote from: arkive on 11:35, 12 June 20
@Duke Geez...28E? Where are you? I've recently ordered some stuff from UK to Poland and paid ~16 pounds, and these were big parcels (DPD, over 5kg). I think there was automatic insurance of up to 50 quid item worth on them, and of course they were tracked by default.
Denmark using our national postal service (PostNord) and believe it or not, they make huge losses every year :)

reidrac

Quote from: TotO on 10:09, 12 June 20
And??? You are misunderstood here, because it was his choice when the order was placed and not something that I have decided after.
Most peoples have chosen with registered mail when they have ordered. I have not to pay insurance for you if you don't want it.

I have always kindly replaced when possible R-Type floppy disc, provided extra box when broken, shipped extra expansion boards or replaced/sent some parts, cables for free, repaired CPC for free, provided free kits to start projects (like the MotherX4 for the @Duke M4, PlayCity for @Targhan Arkos Tracker V2, CPC-AY for @GUNHED game/OS, X-MEM / X-MASS designs for @madram OrgAms, and many others since 10 years ago...).  I have no irrespect to receive. I repeat, I'M NOT A SHOP, it is a leisure and I haven't to lose money because peoples choices!  :picard2:

You can tag as many people as you want. In this specific case the communication was bad and you are happy with the outcome (you were paid and the game was never delivered).

If it is all about choices, I rather not do business with you.

TotO

Quote from: reidrac on 12:15, 12 June 20
In this specific case the communication was bad and you are happy with the outcome (you were paid and the game was never delivered). If it is all about choices, I rather not do business with you.
You can said what you wants, you are wrong...

Targhan

This is getting ridiculous. Just because one guy didn't receive his package doesn't mean Toto has to be blamed for it.
I've known TotO for quite a few years, he sent me hardware, sometimes for free, he is known for being reliable.

Yes, packages get lost. It happens. Live with that and move on.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

Jesus guys, instead of quitting more people chime in? :D Apologies I was away from my PC and couldn't lock the thread any earlier!

On topic: why people don't consider that risk taking/tracked postage is one thing, and communications another? Just saying.