News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Take photos and send to your FTP quickly

Started by mr_lou, 13:58, 24 March 10

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

For those interested, here's a little tool for your mobile phone you can use to take snapshots of CPC highscores (or whatever), and upload it to an FTP site instantly.
It's called Snap'n'Upload and works on all newer camera-phones. It's certainly made my life easier, and I also use it to take snapshots of my Dead on Time highscores. By the time I walk from my CPC to by PC, the highscore-photo is already online, ready for me to insert it in a forum-post here at the CPC Wiki.

In settings, you enter your FTP account settings and resolution. There's no in-between server action. The phone connects to the FTP server directly and transfers the photo. The photo is not even saved on the phone first.

http://www.lublu.dk/filer/SnapnUpload.jar

Gryzor

Hm, this is quite handy, but will it work with Win mobiles? Of course it can run on the platform, but can it integrate with the shot-taking routines?

mr_lou

I haven't heard of any positive tests on any Windows Mobile phones yet.
Only Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Siemens....well, almost everything else but MS seems to work.

Try it out. Use it if it works. If not, don't.  ;)

Gryzor

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:02, 25 March 10
Yup, tried it, it no worky :)

I don't think it works on any Windows phones.
But just a note: You usually don't use the camera-button to take a snapshot. Instead you use a soft-button or the d-pad "fire" button.