News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
R

temporary banned from forum? why?

Started by rub3ñ, 21:32, 05 May 11

Previous topic - Next topic

rub3ñ

hi. the last two days i tried to access this forum and got an error message "hello rub3ñ, you are banned from this forum. this ban is not set to expire".

so what i want to know, why i was banned?! what have i done?! and why can i access the forum again? not very nice to ban someone without giving a notice by mail or so.

rub3ñ

Bryce

I doubt you were banned deliberately, probably an error. Gryzor can surely fix this.

Bryce.

rub3ñ

i hope so. it's not very nice to be treaten this way

Gryzor

Huh! That's really weird, I've not even visited your profile, let alone banning you... Since you can access again the forum I guess it was a hiccup but let me check.

....no, I can see you trying to log in in the logs, but there's no ban history on your username, so it's really weird...? The more so since you seem to be using a static IP and that IP is not in any blacklist or anything... so, apologies man, I don't know what happened. If it happens again, please do email me immediately (gmail account, username krakout) so that I can take a look real-time if possible!

Apologies again,
T

[EDIT] scatch that, my mistake about the IP. You were trying to log in through a cmo.de IP, I read the log wrong... do you usually use Kangaroo's server as your ISP?

rub3ñ

after i cleared my cache it seems to work stable now. got the error once again a few days ago but now everything is fine. i dont use a server, but i sometimes use cmo for my internet connection as they are in my neighbourhood. but that should be no problem

Gryzor

Apologies for that, mate, it shouldn't happen again since I changed the settings.

rub3ñ