News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Tron Legacy

Started by TFM, 19:25, 02 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Already bought my entrance card for the big 3D cinema in New Orleans. Will watch the movie on Dezember 17. Can't wait any longer... took me already 28 years to wait for the second part :-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

jbaudrand

How many people know the meaning of Tron nowadays?

maybe they should read the Amstrad manual....

TFM

Hehe! If they would read it... they wouldn't know much more ;-)

I'm just glad, that we have no BASIC command like CLU or MCP ...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Metr

I've seen a preview in cinemas (10-15 minutes long) and can't wait to see it !!

jbaudrand

I really hope we'll see Tron, the characters, because if he doesn't appears there's no reason for calling the movie tron.

Gryzor

Downloaded the original a few days ago to prepare myself (and girlfriend). The Xbox game kinda sucks, though. *sigh*

TFM

Quote from: jbaudrand on 07:51, 03 December 10
I really hope we'll see Tron, the characters, because if he doesn't appears there's no reason for calling the movie tron.

Well, depends who you define him ;-) Take a look here:

http://disney.go.com/tron/

btw. The site contains a Tron game in which you can explore a huge scenario by using a light cycle, but you can't explore much of the city. I found a way to come behind the barriers, what you find there is HUGE, but I don't know if it was the intension of the programmers...
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

MacDeath

I didn't knew the Big Dude Lebowsky was such a Roxor at video games... ::)

dragon

The amstrad has a spanish game based in original tron(the part of the motorcicles).Is very fun game.

try it!

http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/Zona_0

ah view the rest of the webpage all about tron.

http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/Tron_Wiki

MacDeath

There was also Loriciel's "DISC" game...

I had it on my PC EGA but it looked good on CPC too.

AMSDOS

There's actually quite a few of those Tron like games floating around on the CPC from 10 Liners and perhaps Typeins to Budget Games. The 10 Liner versions are perhaps restricted to two players in the instances I've seen them to be (which is a pity since I never got a buddie to play it with!  :( ), though David Hall made one in 10 Lines which is worth a look (if you can play with a buddie)!  :)  Masteronic made one called Raster Runner which maybe okay, AA didn't exactly Rave about it though.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

TFM

I've seen Tron Legacy on Friday 17. and I must say it's really a great movie! However I like the first part a bit more, the new one has too much action and the plot could possibly be improoved a bit. But Finally this movie is a must see! And in 3D it's just amazing.

If you take a look at it, don't expect to find the trailers as part ot the movie, lot's of things have changed.
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

QuoteAnd in 3D it's just amazing.

What? Jajajajaja.

I see the film yesteday in "3D" The first you see in picture is a mensage That many scenes is filmed in 2D.And recommended not drop the glasses.

Well around 90% of movie is filmed in 2D The scenes in 3D are the scenes with digitalized computer scenes.The light wall for example.

So i no recommend see it in 3D.

The movie i is o.k.But the 3d  is a scam

AMSDOS

I've heard so many negative things about 3D and now because everything is Digital, 3D TV is the next thing - personally I thought an ordinary TV could simulate 3D - maybe an old CRT will, but an ordinary LCD or Plasma won't - I don't know. I saw this 3D TV yesterday, but didn't really want to try it out and the people beside me that tested it through the glasses didn't really sound all that impressed and given the price they didn't sound all that convinced in buying one.

The concern I had with them came from this Doctor who said watching 3D for prolonged periods will screw up your orientation and your sense of how close things are, they didn't recommend driving after watching a 3D film at the movie theatre. If that's the case I'm definitely sold in watching normal 2D pictures. I'm kind of surprised that 3D Still Photos never became popular though! Even in portrait photography you could do some creative stuff with field of depth - the setback is the glasses, guess someone needs to create a material which can generate foreground, background objects.  :)

Your Computer Programs

TFM

Well, this was my first 3D movie since over 10 years of so. And I must say (Disney 3D) it's a real gain. However you will probably not use 3D glasses every day for a couple of hours, so everything should be fine.

I'm going to watch Tron Legacy a second time for sure ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

I really liked the good old Tron movie.
Great concept, also visually it's so amazing...

Yet considering it is a 80's movie, fun to imagine the virtual inside or our CPC like this...

Your codes/Demos/Games have a soul, lol... sort of...

It was the real first Matrix themed movie... and perhaps even more realistic actually...lol...

I haven't seen the new movie though, is this good ? I love seing BigLebowsky reprising his role.

That's so continuity oriented...
And I suppose it gets more cyberpunk flavoured...

Arkanoid : actually Tron oriented...D'oh!!! (homer)

AMSDOS

It wouldn't be Tron without Jeff Bridges!  :-[

I had the Storybook and Cassette given to me when I was a kid which I thought was good, and then I saw the film and was horrified!  ???  Disney were in that phase of doing darker films during that era - The Black Hole came out around that period too or the late 70s - given the impact Star Wars had created, Sci-Fi was at it's peak and I guess that had an influence on the number of Space Invaders games being sold!  ;D 

Your Computer Programs

MacDeath

QuoteIt wouldn't be Tron without Jeff Bridges!
But Jeff Bridges is not Tron... ;D

AMSDOS

Aw well - they should have called it Flynn instead!  8) 
Bridges role in Legacy is revived though, as is Bruce Boxleitner!  ;D

Your Computer Programs

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 07:12, 21 December 10
Yet considering it is a 80's movie, fun to imagine the virtual inside or our CPC like this...

Look at the CPC game Icon John ;-)

Quote from: MacDeath on 07:12, 21 December 10
It was the real first Matrix themed movie... and perhaps even more realistic actually...lol...

Nope, Matrix was just one Tron-like movie amog others. Tron (1982) is the big dad of them all ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

3D photographs (wit the special 'glasses' you had to wear) are more than 100 years old... 3D movies were, of course, a hit... 50 years ago.  I really can't understand all the craze over this reheated meal. It's not like it's REAL 3D (not THAT would be awesome for soccer maybe!), and having to wear glasses is ridiculous. I did play Avatar in 3D and it was very impressive - you could swear you could just tilt your head and look around a tree, but then again that used an active set of glasses connected to the laptop through USB. And, of course, it was just a game.

The problem with movies is that, while it may be impressive or interesting, the whole process takes you *out* of the movie. The point of a great film is to get you *in* its setting, draw you out of your world and, of course, provide at least some of what they call "suspense of disbelief". If you have to fumble with your glasses, then maybe it's ok for a pop-corn type of movie, but not, of course, for anything remotely serious.

And they told me the same thing about Tron - that it's "not much 3D". Which is even more ridiculous. Not that it is a bad film, I'm just talking about the 3D aspect.

AMSDOS

Gryzor wrote:

3D photographs (wit the special 'glasses' you had to wear) are more than 100 years old...

Yes the idea and early forms of it go back to that period, though as time moves on everything progresses and technology enhances. 3D Digital Cameras for example are under the microscope now, the problem is, is the extra expense of having it going to make it a seller. I think this is the problem which is limiting this form of technology to what it is and people aren't going to buy it for the sake of it!  ;D  They might have to come up with 3D paper before people start buying it - cause looking at something on a 2D surface is a foregone conclusion!  ;D

3D movies were, of course, a hit... 50 years ago.  I really can't understand all the craze over this reheated meal. It's not like it's REAL 3D (not THAT would be awesome for soccer maybe!), and having to wear glasses is ridiculous. I did play Avatar in 3D and it was very impressive - you could swear you could just tilt your head and look around a tree, but then again that used an active set of glasses connected to the laptop through USB. And, of course, it was just a game.

The 50s might have been it's height - even Alfred Hitchcock did one of his suspense films in 3D cause Warner Brothers wanted it - but like all things it's converted into 2D format! Like the still photos it's probably the same old story, displaying 3D on 2D probably doesn't cut it for people, or going out and getting a 3D telly which is the same anyway for extra money, and if the extra expense doesn't cut it, then that's just another great idea for the scrap heap! Every once in a film 3D seems to make an appearance, I think some interest came around in the 80s, though might have been short lived. We're perhaps now aiming now at what were they were heading with films in the 50s in terms of getting more 3D films into circulation and people may go to watch it, though they may well be as far as it goes!

Until 3D is like walking on a Holodeck in Star Trek, people may not accept it until it's like that!  ;)

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

...which all boils down to one thing: marketing bubble.

AMSDOS

Gryzor wrote:

...which all boils down to one thing: marketing bubble.

As always you've nut it all out to my 1D mind!  :-[

Your Computer Programs