News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

20 Amiga A500 games you should own

Started by ZEUSDAZ, 19:36, 31 August 16

Previous topic - Next topic

ZEUSDAZ

Well finally I got round to it after viewers and subs endlessly asking me to do such a thing, to produce a combination list between my top 20 favourite Amiga games and 20 games I think you should have in your Amiga collection especially if you have just started your collection.
I hope you enjoy it, my 20 recommended Amiga games.

seanb

As I hope to be finally setting up my hxc to my A500 soon, shame it can't be done as an external drive, this'll help me choose what to try first.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Bryce

Quote from: seanb on 09:40, 01 September 16
As I hope to be finally setting up my hxc to my A500 soon, shame it can't be done as an external drive, this'll help me choose what to try first.

Why not? I have a HxC connected externally as FD0: to my Amigas.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 09:51, 01 September 16
Why not? I have a HxC connected externally as FD0: to my Amigas.

Bryce.
Can you tell me how this is done? Please
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

I don't remember the exact details / pins etc, I did it years ago, but I more or less just made an ABBA switch much like I did on the CPC.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

That would be excellent and the 1200 has some great places to hide the switch. Any chance of peeking at your handy work and documenting it?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

As far as I can remember, I only did my A600 and A1200. One involved breaking tracks on the PCB. For obvious reasons the mod is different on each model.

Bryce.

seanb

Wish I knew how to do it.
Tried looking into it but couldn't find much info which really surprised me as I figured one way or another someone would've done it and documented it.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Bryce

I'll add it to my ToDo List.

Bryce.

Rhino

One of those Amiga games coming soon on CPC

rk last

I have to agree with your list mate.  Chaos Engine was amazing (and still is) and became one of the few games that I managed to complete by the skin of my teeth.

I never managed to fully enjoy Turrican 1 - a disk fault prevented me from progressing through the upward scroll level.

Maybe you should do a new video which lists the top 20 second place, must own games - Stunt Car Racer, Time Bandit, Space Harrier (wait! Soz, I was thinking about the ST version)
maRK

villain

Quote from: Rhino on 20:47, 06 September 16
One of those Amiga games coming soon on CPC

:o

Already curious...!