News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Absolutely MAD ebay ppl ...

Started by SRS, 21:53, 13 February 20

Previous topic - Next topic

SRS

VintageAdvantage

Consider that: "It is estimated that only 200 Commodore branded A4000Ts were produced before the company folded."
This is not an Amiga 500...

So YES, this might actually be a reasonable price for such a rare computer.

Check out this auction:
https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo/nintendo-play-station-super-nes-cd-rom-prototype-sony-and-nintendo-c-1992/a/7224-93060.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

tjohnson

Anyone is free to list any item at any price, but there is no guarantee that anyone will ever buy it.

SkulleateR

200 with the "Commodore" brand ... yes, but Escom produced a lot after they bought Commodore ... it´s definitely not worth 10000€  :doh: :doh: :doh:

VintageAdvantage

I wouldn't pay that kind of money either, but it seems other Ebay collectors do (34 bidders!).

Apple II's also get expensive - provided they are from 1977 or so. The later ones not so much. So maybe originality matters a lot to some collectors.

Bryce

Quote from: tjohnson on 23:19, 13 February 20
Anyone is free to list any item at any price, but there is no guarantee that anyone will ever buy it.

They're not listed at that price, they're the amounts of the current bids. So they are actually guaranteed to sell for those prices if not more.

Bryce.

TotO

Quote from: VintageAdvantage on 22:20, 13 February 20
Consider that: "It is estimated that only 200 Commodore branded A4000Ts were produced before the company folded."
I really doubt about that quantity...
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

SkulleateR

Quote from: TotO on 09:36, 14 February 20
I really doubt about that quantity...
Why ? The A4000T was released in early 1994 and Commodore stopped the complete Computer Production in April 1994 ....
So maybe there are even less A4000T from CBM ... End of 1994 Escom started production again (A1200 and A4000T) until 1997, so there are definitely more out there, but they have a different case