News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad PC5286 Power Supply

Started by Ikesankom, 22:31, 27 April 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikesankom

Greetings. I have an Amstrad PC5286 and it has the power supply broken. Because I couldn't fix it, I decided to make a new power supply with some parts of the old one (chasis, wires, etc).
Now the problem is that there aren't power voltage references. I have looked for a service manual but I couldn't find it. The power supply has two connectors to mainboard:

I suppose the big connector has the following voltages: +5,+5, Ground, ground +12. I took a risk putting negative voltages in the little white ribbon (don't kill me, please  :P )[/size][size=78%].  [/size][/size]Computer LED brights, but it doesn't work. Please, can anybody tell me which are the correct input voltages, please?[size=78%]

rpalmer

Ikesankom,

Have you looked on google for PC power supply arrangements?

rpalmer

Ikesankom

Quote from: rpalmer on 23:05, 27 April 17
Ikesankom,

Have you looked on google for PC power supply arrangements?

rpalmer
Hello. I've looking for manual services and found many about Amstrad 1512 and similars, but not about this computer.
I've asked in lots of websites, forums and anybody can't help me. Even there are some in archive.org (there is many free info about CPC).

About power supply wires, I'm more focused on the little connector. It looks like a pre-standard and proprietary system. The mobo doesn't show any voltage or i/o input information.

Ikesankom

I haven't found anything yet.  :'(

Token

edit: sorry, I've read PCW8256