News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Another C64 spiritual successor

Started by rexbeng, 09:33, 12 October 22

Previous topic - Next topic

rexbeng

Poliander

Yes, I found the VERA module interesting, perhaps this would be of use for a CPC graphics card?
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

Gryzor

Off topic, but please not that gun-happy asshole... 

rexbeng

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:12, 12 October 22Off topic, but please not that gun-happy asshole...
Yes, there's that totally american side of this guy. But this isnt about guns and is interesting and we are old and experienced and mature enough to handle different things. (and also there's someone in my head laughing with me for writing that!)

Gryzor

I don't disagree; I used to enjoy his videos, but his photos with assault rifles in super markets really put me off. 

Devlin

I agree with the sentiment that the awful gun nut shouldn't be given more air - but ignoring that *ugh*, there's a strong feeling of "Why?" coming from this project.
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv

eto

He doesn't cover that in his 8-bit-guy videos, and although I also absolutely don't understand that gun-affection, he does not actively bother me with it. Imho he's less annoying than the "mywifecanmakecrazytunes-letmypuppylickme-ihavebeenonstarwars-ifishowmoreofmywifemorepeoplewillclick-nowiamlickingmypuppy-haveimentionedthatihavebeenonstarwars"-recipes channel.

Gryzor

That was oddly specific. As a non Star Wars fan, I can't imagine who, but I'm in no rush to see their videos😅

Gryzor

So since I didn't want to give him my view, I googled the machine. Ohhh it's his own, right, didn't realize the video was on that! I've read a few things about it here and there - none of them good, I must say, but it leaves me indifferent to say the least.

I think @chinnyhill10 had done a nice thread on Twitter about it? 

eto

Quote from: Devlin on 13:22, 12 October 22I agree with the sentiment that the awful gun nut shouldn't be given more air - but ignoring that *ugh*, there's a strong feeling of "Why?" coming from this project.
It seems lots of people think that this is a great idea. You have to admit, he started a movement. The community and active developments are quite impressive, considering the fact, that there's not even real hardware available.

To me personally, it's interesting to follow, but I would not be interested in buying it.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:14, 12 October 22So since I didn't want to give him my view, I googled the machine. Ohhh it's his own, right, didn't realize the video was on that! I've read a few things about it here and there - none of them good, I must say, but it leaves me indifferent to say the least.

I think @chinnyhill10 had done a nice thread on Twitter about it?

Not me. I did hear some people complaining about the machine though.

Problem with any of these machines if they'll never reach any critical mass. There's an initial burst of support and then they are all destined to turn into Sam Coupe's. Nice to own but you have little to run on it.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Iridium+

Imagine if someone took this idea and made a CPC+++  :o

I'd jump at one! Even if it was £400!

I'd have to be compatible and further the line of the CPC though - that would be a must.

And 😂 only if it had regular joystick ports and RGB/HDMI output & WiFi etc.

Something like an accelerated CPC-Next...🤔

zhulien

The graphics / audio daughterboard would make a fantastic addon for CPC

Anthony Flack

I don't want to click on Mr Let's Intimidate The Public With My Guns' video either. I already told YouTube I don't want to see his face. So what's the deal with this thing then?