News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Back from holidays with new toys.

Started by ||C|-|E||, 23:11, 05 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

||C|-|E||

Hello guys!!

Christmas is over and I am back to London  :) . This is good news, because I will finally have time to release a beta of our adventure. Moreover, and although it is not relevant for the Amstrad scene, I am very happy because I found a MSX 2 for 50 euros in a little second hand shop!! It is not the best of the MSX 2, but it is not the worst, and the condition of the machine is really good, it only needs some decent cleaning. I was testing it and it seems to work very well.

[attachimg=1]

I was also "testing" the Amstrad PCW I found the last time I went to Spain. I do not have software for this guy (although I have the original manuals, the printer, etc.) and I guess that the belt of the floppy drive is dead, but the machine powers on, the motor of the drive starts and when it does not find the software it beeps. I tried with a non compatible version of CP/M Plus saved in a 3" floppy and it does some proper "reading" sounds, it seems that only the belt is damaged if at all. My bet is that it probably works well, although it also needs some cleaning.

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Sadly, I left both machines in Spain. However, I would like to bring the MSX 2 to UK at some point during 2016 to properly restore/upgrade it. Let´s see if I have time, lots of things to do before  :)

dodogildo

Congrats. Hope your PCW discovery leads to a possible version of your great adventure game in that platform eventually :)
M'enfin!

||C|-|E||

Now that FloppySoftware is colaborating with us ( :-* ) I am almost sure that we will have a PCW version  :D . The font selector is already compatible with both computers, same as PAWS, and porting the game should be really simple. However, I want to have the CPC version completely finished and polished before porting it. It is much faster and simpler this way  :) . Moreover, in case of an eventual physical release, I would be able to include both games on it.

FloppySoftware

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 20:51, 06 January 16
Moreover, in case of an eventual physical release, I would be able to include both games on it.

Oh, that would be wonderful!

:D
floppysoftware.es < NEW URL!!!
cpm-connections.blogspot.com.es

robcfg

Jim Griffiths

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 23:11, 05 January 16
Hello guys!!

Christmas is over and I am back to London  :) .

Hi there, I'm new to the site and live in London (well inside the M25 anyway) - I'm in the Bexley area (on the A2 near Danson Park) - where abouts are you? I'm wondering if any CPC (or other retro computer) peeps want to get together at all?

Jim

CraigsBar

Damn! You live close to my childhood home (OK Eltham but close enough) I have now moved to Ireland (via Torquay, Eastbourne, Bournemouth, Dudley and Slough) so I am a bit far for a meetup. But I wish you all the best in getting an event together. And welcome to the forum.

craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode