News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

by jove

Started by BluesBrothers, 00:19, 14 May 14

Previous topic - Next topic

paradroid90

I must admit Rob it is one of the more interesting auctions I have seen in recent times. Having the IP to one of the more iconic and radical systems might be worth it some peeps, if they had the money of course  :D
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

Bryce

An interesting collection, but what would one do with it, other than store it somewhere? It's hardly going to be used to launch a new computer?

Bryce.

redbox

Quote from: Bryce on 08:43, 14 May 14
An interesting collection, but what would one do with it, other than store it somewhere?

Probably send a lot of "cease and desist" letters  ;)

Bryce

Quote from: redbox on 10:12, 14 May 14
Probably send a lot of "cease and desist" letters  ;)

I'm sure there's ways of being an internet prick for less than 10 Grand :D

Bryce.

MacDeath

the link doesn't work with me... :(

Bryce

Quote from: MacDeath on 12:40, 14 May 14
the link doesn't work with me... :(

It seems to be blocked from the ebay.fr site too. Can you see it here via Germany?: The entire iconic Jupiter ACE project - including the brand itself | eBay

Bryce.

MacDeath

this page must be Francophobic...  :laugh:

anyway, I was just curious about what you were talking about, nothing important about...

(redundancy is redundant)

Bryce

Then go here: The Jupiter ACE all the details are there too. The price is 10,000 pounds for the ownership of the name plus the remaining contents from the company.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: paradroid90 on 06:57, 14 May 14
I must admit Rob it is one of the more interesting auctions I have seen in recent times. Having the IP to one of the more silly and failed systems might be worth it some peeps, if they had the money of course  :D

There, I fixed it for you :D

paradroid90

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:17, 14 May 14

There, I fixed it for you :D

Thanks Gryzor ...... Although I was being polite lol  :laugh:
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

Gryzor

Well, we all have a little something for the underdog, and the ACE was certainly interesting; it was also what you get when you let engineers market a product without any proper filters in place to tell them that yes, this might be extremely interesting for some, but a total flop for the mass market.

* Gryzor runs to hide from engineers

Bryce

Quote from: paradroid90 on 06:57, 14 May 14
Having the IP to one of the worst business decisions ever made and the ultimate "epic fail" might be worth it some peeps, if they had the money of course  :D

You didn't push that far enough Gryzor :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Heh :D Just being polite myself, in turn :D

Bryce

Well the auction ended with zero bids, so obviously it's not worth 10 grand to anyone.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Poor little machine, even as a curiosity it can't even bring much... failure to the end.

BluesBrothers

My suspicion is that the vendor never really anticipated any bids but want to get people talking about the machine again. I mean you weren't really getting much for your money were you.

MacDeath

so basically it is a speccy48 with assembler as OS ?

Gryzor

May the FORTH be with you!

BluesBrothers

A week or two to late unfortunately :laugh:

Gryzor

Heh, oh well.