News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

C64 emulator with debugger?

Started by pmeier, 10:49, 17 April 24

Previous topic - Next topic

pmeier

Hi,

I'm looking for a C64 emulator with a debugger that is comparable with the WinAPE debugging features.

I have tried no$c64 and RetroDebugger.

I'm a little bit disappointed. Are there any better ones?

My review results (IMHO):
RetroDebugger: Very old fashioned multi window interface. Disassembler font too small.
no$c64: No sound (ok for me), had to modify the game I wanted to analyze, but probably my choice for now.

Prodatron

Unfortunately it's not easy to find an emulator with a debugger which is similiar to WinApe, especially on other systems: In fact they are all behind WinApe.
Did you try Vice?
It's one of the most famous C64 emulator, and it seems, that there are 3rd party debuggers, but I have no idea about it.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

pmeier

Yes, I tried VICE which has a very rudimentary interface (monitor), but this is not very comfortable.

Prodatron

Quote from: pmeier on 14:35, 17 April 24Yes, I tried VICE which has a very rudimentary interface (monitor), but this is not very comfortable.

Maybe you can have a look at this:

https://www.georg-rottensteiner.de/files/C64StudioRelease.zip

It seems to be a complete IDE for developing C64 software in combination with Vice. It has a debugging tool included which looks more comfortable than the Vice "monitor" (which has a command shell debugger).

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM