Emulator to play mario bros?

Started by SamanthaB, 16:08, 29 May 13

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SamanthaB

HI guys,

Im totally new to this, Im a Mario Bros fan but I dont have a nintendo. I was told to look for an emulator?? to play it. Can someone help me on how to do this? I have included a great Mario Bros font for my little contribution to the forum :)

Devilmarkus

Not sure if you found the right forum...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Hello Samantha,


In this forum we tend to focus on the Amstrad CPC range of computer, not Nintendo. I'm sure there are plenty of Nintendo-focused fora that will help you much better, however:


You can see here: The Emulator Zone - Nintendo NES Emulators for NES emulators (no idea how up-to-date it is though). Keep in mind that you will need the emulator (which is the program that emulates the NES hardware), the system ROM (which is the system's software - as far as I know it's not delivered with the emulators for copyright reasons, but you can find it elsewhere) and the game ROM you want to play. There's also an online emulator, VirtualNES.com , where you can play games in your browser, though I guess you would need a rather fast computer to run it at full speed.


Other than that, I'm sure there are quite a few remakes that run on Windows where you won't need an emulator. See New Super Mario Forever 2012 - CNET Download.com or Free Super Mario 3 : Mario Forever Download for instance, though I don't know how faithful to the original they are (never been a Mario fan myself!).


If you need any more help don't hesitate to post here - I've moved your post to the "other retro" section where it's more appropriate. Oh, and thanks for the lovely font!

Carnivius

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:43, 29 May 13
the system ROM (which is the system's software - as far as I know it's not delivered with the emulators for copyright reasons, but you can find it elsewhere)

Out of all the NES emulators I've used on PC or PSP I can't think of any that needed a system rom so I presume they're included if not built into the emulator itself.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

Really? You'd think with Nintendo's copyright divisionfighting WW3 this wouldn't be the case - especially since they're re-releasing games on newer platforms. Good to know.

mahlemiut

I'd be fairly confident that the NES has no system ROM, I'm pretty sure MESS would require it or at least document that fact in some way.  Only ROM on the standard NES systems are the BIOS for the Famicom Disk System, and is on the Japanese systems only.  It's marked as optional, so it's not required for regular NES carts.
- Barry Rodewald

TFM

#6
Quote from: SamanthaB on 16:08, 29 May 13
HI guys,

Im totally new to this, Im a Mario Bros fan but I dont have a nintendo. I was told to look for an emulator?? to play it. Can someone help me on how to do this? I have included a great Mario Bros font for my little contribution to the forum :)

Hi, well the Brothers are on our 2 DO list, but it will take some years to be honest. Time is so scarce in these days. But it you like the sisters too, then you don't have to wait that long... here is a WIP...

https://www.youtube.com/audio?v=FGfhO-VGNzs&video_referrer=watch

Happy day,
TFM
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

beaker

Hi TFM/FS, your link took me to a page saying the video couldn't be edited...

robcfg

Easy fix, change "audio" for "watch" on the URL TFM posted, or watch it below...  ;D


Giana 3rd glimpse - YouTube

TFM

Well, I posted this link at the beginnin, but the sound is missing!  :o  Dunno what youtube changed again now, all that changes are kinda bothersome. None of has has time for that... Oh well...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SamanthaB

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:43, 29 May 13
Hello Samantha,


In this forum we tend to focus on the Amstrad CPC range of computer, not Nintendo. I'm sure there are plenty of Nintendo-focused fora that will help you much better, however:


You can see here: The Emulator Zone - Nintendo NES Emulators for NES emulators (no idea how up-to-date it is though). Keep in mind that you will need the emulator (which is the program that emulates the NES hardware), the system ROM (which is the system's software - as far as I know it's not delivered with the emulators for copyright reasons, but you can find it elsewhere) and the game ROM you want to play. There's also an online emulator, VirtualNES.com , where you can play games in your browser, though I guess you would need a rather fast computer to run it at full speed.


Other than that, I'm sure there are quite a few remakes that run on Windows where you won't need an emulator. See New Super Mario Forever 2012 - CNET Download.com or Free Super Mario 3 : Mario Forever Download for instance, though I don't know how faithful to the original they are (never been a Mario fan myself!).


If you need any more help don't hesitate to post here - I've moved your post to the "other retro" section where it's more appropriate. Oh, and thanks for the lovely font!

Great, thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Gryzor!

Gryzor

Glad to have been of help :)

fredgamer09

#12
You can try to use Nintendo emulator. I find site where you can get free emulator and game for it [EDIT - LEGAL LINK?]

fredgamer09

#13
Quote from: fredgamer09 on 16:31, 05 May 21
You can try to use Nintendo emulator. I find site where you can get free emulator and game for it


I am big fan of retro games.

dragon

Really every cheap clone console you can buy in alliexpress or Amazon probably have it.




Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod