News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Final Fight vs Streets Of Rage 2 (Which Is Best?)

Started by ZEUSDAZ, 10:57, 19 December 16

Previous topic - Next topic

ZEUSDAZ

Hi everyone and welcome to the December 2016 and last edition of this series of Which Is Best?
Last month I placed Renegade and Target Renegade on the ZX Spectrum against each other and after a battle with the votes,...Renegade won with 19 votes to Target with 12 votes, this really put the loyal Renegade fans at gunpoint to decide which of the Rene games they would side with,...cruel but very interesting.
This month I place the Arcade version of Final Fight against the Megadrive classic Streets Of Rage 2,...which is the better beat'em-up scroller?!,...only you can decide that, happy voting! (please vote here or the main Youtube vid).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkdBqtIys3o

All the best, Zeus

seanb

Now that is tough.
I still play both to this day but do play SoR2 more often.

I loved Final Fought CD.
The only way I can seperate them is by going on which I've played more which is SoR2.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

VincentGR

I must say that there is no comparison for me as FF is pure action and SOR more in depth game.

Carnivius

Final Fight is easily the one I've play to completion most and SoR2 is one I've played with friends most.   Hm.  Back in the day it'll be easy cos you'd have one in the arcade and one at home (final fight was pretty lacking on SNES though it's sequels fixed that).   And unlike a lot of people I don't really like Streets of Rage 2's sound & music though more to do with I find a lot of Mega Drive audio really nasty sounding and grating.

Eh I dunno.  I have them both easily playable at any time so I not gonna choose. :P
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

ZEUSDAZ

Only a few days to go now lads, tons of votes in across the forums and the deadline is the 15th which is when I will count the votes FF vs SOR2, this is gonna be close!

ZEUSDAZ

Well everyone the results are in and It's STREETS OF RAGE 2 on the Megadrive that has won this months "which is best" match up against Final Fight on the arcade.
It was neck and neck for the first 3wks then out of the blue SOR2 stormed ahead and crossed the finish line.
The final result was SOR2 with 48 votes, FINAL FIGHT won 26 votes.           

sigh

I absolutely loved the first Streets Of Rage, but when my friend bought the second one - we hardly ever played it. Both of us just weren't really fans of it and I didn't like the sound effects. I was never that much into Final Fight either and didn't play it much in the arcades, preferring to play the other beat em ups instead.

Not too sure who I would of voted for.