Ghosts'n Goblins Arcade - A stunning revamp for the C64 (Exclusive Preview)

Started by Neil79, 00:58, 20 June 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

QuoteNostalgia are going to release Ghosts'n'Goblins Arcade this weekend, perhaps even today Saturday! True to form, this version will be a faithful version to the original arcade, whereas the original Commodore 64 version is somewhat different from the arcade version as it only features the Graveyard and Forest, The Ice Palace, The Floating Platforms and Firebridge and The Caves in that order. So if you thought Commando Arcade SE was brilliant,  wait till you play this latest overhaul! 

Indie Retro News: The latest free games, indie games and retro news: Ghosts'n
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

STE86

game is downloadable from here:  [CSDb] - Ghosts'n Goblins Arcade by Nostalgia (2015)

and also now available on a compilation with Commando Arcade SE for easyflash and emu use: [CSDb] - Ghosts'n Goblins Arcade & Commando Arcade SE [easyflash] by Nostalgia

[attachimg=1]

finally this is somebody playing GnG (badly) but it does show you all the new elements:

Singaja

Token

Really awesome remake. It's stunning with just 64K. I didn't saw the magician that pops out and turn you into a frog, but this is just a detail. (I played a lot the arcade...)

When I first saw the STE intro page on my 464/GT64 in 86 I was filled with wonder. It was the days... G'nG STE's pic is forever my favorite graphic picture. And the new one is  8) Amazing to see you there  :D

STE86

no the magician was one of the things we had to leave out. no memory left whatsoever, so everything that wasnt essential gameplay was evaluated and it was decided that other things were more important.

really the only things missing are the magician and the princess' accessories for bonus. totally down to the memory being full.

and I'm not the STE that did the original pic that is Mr.Steve Pickford, I just used his image as a base and added all the extra elements. Hence why his sig is still there at the top with mine :)

This is me: [CSDb] - STE'86

Xifos

I may be wrong, but i think the magician only appears in ghouls'n ghosts, not ghosts'n goblins.

Great c64 version anyway !
:)

Token

Sorry about this STE. Happy coincidence...  :)
Indeed with all the animated sprite for magician, cloud and frog and more code...

Xifos:
Ghosts 'n Goblins/Enemies — StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and

Xifos

I didn't know for the magician appearing when shooting the tombstones, thanks !
;)

Neil79

Gryzor