News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

I Joined the Dark Side

Started by EgoTrip, 15:52, 11 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

I got sick of all the bugs in AGD for CPC and wanted to create something while they are being fixed. So I decided to make my first Speccy production.

Check it out here New Game: Ice Slider Z | Forum

Ast

Now, you just have to do the same for our beloved Cpc  :P

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

EgoTrip

I was, this was originally intended to be a CPC game, but I ran into some bugs that completely broke AGD. So its pretty much useless (again) until they have been fixed. Hopefully when the next version is released I'll get a CPC version done.

opqa

Quote from: EgoTrip on 15:52, 11 January 15
I got sick of all the bugs in AGD for CPC...
No excuses, you'll burn in hell for your sins, and you know it...  >:(
:D

TFM

That's right, but well... guess nobody else uses it. So good work ... at least for speccy  :-X
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

What about an Amstrad PLUS version then ?

arnoldemu

Quote from: MacDeath on 10:26, 13 January 15
What about an Amstrad PLUS version then ?
there is an amstrad plus version of agd?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

EgoTrip

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:04, 13 January 15
there is an amstrad plus version of agd?

I wish. AGD doesn't even handle MODE 1 which kind of sucks, I'm not a massive fan of the blocky MODE 0 graphics.

TFM

Maybe it's time to make a CPC specific AGD which uses the power of the CPC. Basic things would be (and I assume this AGD only works with static screens w/o scrolling):

- Use of all modes
- Use of overscan
- Use of more colors (interrupt split blocks! Easy!)
- Sprite routines for every "screen format"

- And maybe something like "graphic elements" which are in a move (showing couple or few phases again and again).

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

EgoTrip

You have the skills TFM, I think you should do it. Maybe do a PC based environment which outputs CPC code for ease of development. And support for Arkos Tracker too.

TFM

Hi, I can't do anything on PC, but it would be doable on CPC side. Why not collecting some ideas and do this project in team? We can use AGD and it's features as kind of template, so nobody has to learn it from scratch.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

EgoTrip

Or, maybe you could work with Jonathan to help improve AGD CPC-side (and even Spectrum-side, as some routines would be easily portable). Makes more sense to fix and improve on what already exists than to create a new one.  Drop him a message and see if he would.

I don't think I'd be any use with the technical side but I'd definitely be able to help beta test and give feedback for features.

TFM

Well.... IMHO it's more easy to start something from scratch than to understand somebody's project. A new project will also have the advantage that we can use different screen modes and overscan on the CPC.

Yesterday I did look at the AGD 3.0 handbook to see if some kind of compatibility could be kept. Well I have to take a closer look. (Stupid question... is there an AGD video tutorial on the net?).

But with the help of a few we could do something like this pretty easy for the CPC.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

EgoTrip

Gryzor

My god, how could you settle?

EgoTrip

Here's the next installment in the series:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50028

This is a game I intended to produce on the CPC, I did have a coder but he disappeared into thin air. This doesn't play exactly how I want it to due to AGD limitations but its good enough for a prototype/mock-up of the first dungeon and the lead up to it.

Morri

Looks good. I really hope you manage to convert this to CPC one day.
This has a very similar look to a game I have just started on. I'll have to have a go or perhaps a youtube longplay would be nice!  ;D
Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

TFM

Or at least a litte youtube teaser.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

EgoTrip

I'm sure it wont be long before a long play appears on Youtube. There was one about a day after I released Ice Slider Z.

Gryzor

Gotta love the loading sounds. The image loading part almost sounds like a techno track :D

Wow, Nice little game...

andycadley

Nice. Games like this are why we really need an up to scratch version of AGD for the CPC. With Plus support too. ;-)

remax

The logo reminds me of the logo of the University in Community  ;D

Brain Radioactivity

EgoTrip

It got reviewed in this months Retro Gamer:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Gryzor

*sigh* Really happy for you, but so sad to see your name next to a ZX title :D