News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

(Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Started by shadowgangs, 10:32, 06 December 15

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowgangs

Hi everyone;

I am excited to announce that the Shadow Gangs Kickstarter is now live here:

Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival by ShadowTeam — Kickstarter

Please share the news! and thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFuZFODMebI

The kickstarter date is now set, it's the 25th of June 2016

I am happy to announce that the Shadow Gangs demo is now available in the downloads section here.

A new video has been uploaded here:
[/u][/size][/font][/color]

I would like to introduce a new game in the making, inspired by some of the great arcade games of the mid to late 80's like Shinobi, Bad Dudes and Shadow Warriors.

The game is Shadow Gangs (Shadow Gangs )

Here are some pictures of the game.

Let me know your impressions here or in the game website if you like it!

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

shadowgangs

Quote from: TFM on 00:30, 07 December 15
Looks good, but a CPC version is needed.  ;)
Thanks, I don't think a CPC version will see the light unfortunately, but who knows!

shadowgangs

Not yet a video, but I can see it in the horizon.

I started the Gui work after having done the game mechanics , being confident in them and having the demo level done.

Meanwhile, here is an actual in-game picture showing more action than the previous ones.

dodogildo

M'enfin!

shadowgangs

Quote from: dodogildo on 00:53, 30 December 15
Shinobi meets Shadow Warriors? Wow, huge!
Thank you.
However it's more Shinobi than Shadow Warriors.

AMSDOS

* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

shadowgangs

dodogildo

Quote from: shadowgangs on 09:20, 30 December 15
Thank you.
However it's more Shinobi than Shadow Warriors.
Oh man, come on! at least give your hero a "Flying Neck Throw" move a la Ninja Gaiden :)
M'enfin!

shadowgangs

It's a good idea, maybe for the full game. (If it is compatible with the overall gameplay feeling of the game).

shadowgangs

I thought I give a new Shadow Gangs update.

Product is near finished, a new great soundtrack is in the works, the musician sent me a new extract of it and it sounds fabulous. I'll put it for download as soon as I get it.

I know I always say a video is coming soon, or the demo soon...but this game is hard work and especially I want it to be the great product I am hoping it will be.

In any case, the demo should be out before the end of March.

Here is some pictures of the game running the latest build.

Gryzor

seanb

Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

dodogildo

M'enfin!

shadowgangs

Hi Everyone;

I would like to share with you some good news, this month's last weekend I will meet the game background artist Toni Galvez, and we'll be making videos of the game.
So an actual game video will be available before the end of this month.

Another great news, I received Shadow Gangs's second and final music track for the demo.

Please find it
here, it manages to be even better than the first track, I kept listening to it the whole day and still do now.

It is an exciting prospect to imagine the whole game having music of this quality from start to finish, which was my objective but I feel lucky to work with such a talented artist.

For you guys that wanted a ninja instead of Dan, Dan will transform to a ninja (you'll still play Dan for those that like him the way he is now, but he will transform to a ninja mid level (so he can use the sword and other ninja powers)).

Here an image showing Dan in ninja suit, as well as the first mission boss:

More detail on the news section of game website.

Hope you like it!

@dodogildo: Not sure the throw will be in this game (if this game is backed). The throw mechanics isn't very compatible with the gameplay style that Shadow Gangs uses.

ukmarkh

When can we expect a CPC version? [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadowgangs

Quote from: ukmarkh on 00:38, 17 February 16
When can we expect a CPC version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One day maybe, why not :)
If the game gets out on the PC at least, we'll see what can be done for other platforms.

shadowgangs

Hi Everyone;

Just a quick update, I received the final version of both Shadow Gangs music tracks.
Find them here:

Burning Fist

Shadow Gangs Theme

The video is of course coming this weekend!

shadowgangs

Shadow Gangs video now available:
[/url]

sigh

I am really REALLY digging this!

It's like Shinobi meets Rolling Thunder meets Dragon Ninja. The game looks like an absolute blast to play! The sound effects are lovely and music is wonderfully arcade 80's. The simple animations work wonders for the game too.

Well done indeed!!

My only crit, is the main character design. it's more to do with his clothing. Will there be an option to have different skins?

shadowgangs

Thank you, the final game will game much more diversity in it (and more gameplay elements, especially one I am thinking about from Dragon Ninja)

In the eventual final game, there will be a choice of colour for Dan, I already have them but were not included in the demo.
Also, Dan will transform to a Ninja mid level.

remax

Seems like a really good and enjoyable game

... BUT ...

for me, those kind of graphic always bring me to KNP games or cheap flash games (which is not obviously), but it annoy me a little bit...
Brain Radioactivity

shadowgangs

Quote from: remax on 17:42, 01 March 16
Seems like a really good and enjoyable game

... BUT ...

for me, those kind of graphic always bring me to KNP games or cheap flash games (which is not obviously), but it annoy me a little bit...
I discussed with the background artist, and told him that we need to find a solution to it.

He told me that as we are not doing low res, it is very difficult to get a very detailled looking background with the hires we are using.

I still asked him to find a solution for this, we still want the hires but also get the background to have much more details and get the look of the great looking 16 bits game.

We'll see what we can do, but you can be sure the backgrounds will be much more detailed if we do the full game.

This demo level won't be in the full game.

remax

I really like the fact, from the many forums i read, that you listen any remarks of forumers !
Brain Radioactivity

shadowgangs

Quote from: remax on 21:43, 01 March 16
I really like the fact, from the many forums i read, that you listen any remarks of forumers !
Thanks, some remarks are on the heart of the matter.
I will give priority to the background graphics, and make sure they are being as detailled as can be.

Artists know how much exigent I am (for example most James the ninja sketches are all by me (Animation pose sketches, but not the actual drawing which is done by a very talented artist)).

Backgrounds will get a big shake up, and I am sure Toni Galvez will be up to the task, especially after a successful kickstarter as he'll concentrate full time on the backgrounds.