General Category > Other retro

Is it a Fake ?

(1/5) > >>

MacDeath:

As the title said..

http://kd2.org/pics/amstrad.jpg

ukmarkh:
I think its fake, as Amstrad owned sole rights to its french distribution. I don't ever recall Amstrad selling this model.

Gryzor:
Of course they didn't - Amstrad went out of the PC business well before the appearance of MMX! SOmone using their name... I like the name, though - CPC6233 :D I'd think they'd at least upgrade the 6 to possibly an 8 to denote a CD drive? And with 32MB of memory it should be 832768 :D

MacDeath:
The man who posted this picture somewhere (I can't find the link...) said this was an advertisement in the SVM magazine (Science & Vie Micro) .

Also it seems if this only existed, that this could have been an Amstrad France only operation, as it is said to be assembled in France.

ukmarkh:

--- Quote from: MacDeath on 23:18, 18 May 10 ---The man who posted this picture somewhere (I can't find the link...) said this was an advertisement in the SVM magazine (Science & Vie Micro) .

Also it seems if this only existed, that this could have been an Amstrad France only operation, as it is said to be assembled in France.

--- End quote ---

Sure would like to get to the bottom of this... personally i think its a fake. As Amstrad france was run by Sugar himself after the PC2000 problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version