News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Jason Kelk (TMR) has passed away

Started by Nich, 20:21, 23 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Nich

I've just learnt that Jason Kelk (known as @TMR on this and other forums) has sadly passed away, after fighting a long battle (over 14 months) with COVID-19. :'(

Here's an article from the Yorkshire Evening Post about his death. It's dated 18th June 2021 but I only read the news five days later.

I'm aware that he wasn't well known to CPC fans and he was much more involved in the C64 scene, but I'm still saddened that he is no longer with us. He used to review homebrew games for Retro Gamer each month and I'll miss that section of the magazine.

ervin

Oh dear... that's so sad.
The photos in the article are heartbreaking.
:'(

I also enjoyed his column in retro gamer immensely, and will miss it.

Gryzor

Oh that's sad indeed... He hadn't posted since July 2020, but he did log on every now and then and browse the forum... such a pity :(

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

SkulleateR

VincentGR

andycadley

I've said it elsewhere but the man was an absolute delight and full of enthusiasm for the retro scene. He was an absolute wealth of knowledge about a great many things, especially the C64 and always a pleasure to chat with.

He will be most sorely missed indeed and it's such a tragedy to lose him at such a young age to such a horrid disease.

Skunkfish

Really sad news. My thoughts go out to his wife and family  :(
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)