News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Malasombra

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 17:01, 16 August 19

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

XeNoMoRPH

Gryzor

Supposedly, today at 9 (am? Pm?)

reidrac

It is for the NES.

https://twitter.com/4mhz_es/status/1163714820597800960

(that doesn't mean there's no CPC version being produced)

EDIT:

Oh, here they say that the CPC version is on hold for now...

https://www.retromaniac.es/2019/08/gamescom-2019-y-salto-la-liebre.html

Anyway, the NES is not Z80. Interesting!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Gryzor

Looks lovely, but... 😕

reidrac

Yes, well... I don't like this thread because most of the posts don't have context and they are not from an official source.

I don't think 4Mhz had said anywhere they were releasing a demo of the game for the CPC.

Programming for other systems makes you better programmer, we will enjoy the benefits of this in future 4Mhz CPC titles!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: reidrac on 09:09, 20 August 19
Yes, well... I don't like this thread because most of the posts don't have context and they are not from an official source.

I don't think 4Mhz had said anywhere they were releasing a demo of the game for the CPC.

Programming for other systems makes you better programmer, we will enjoy the benefits of this in future 4Mhz CPC titles!
Absolutely all the information that I have put in this thread, it is true, I do not invent anything, I converse almost every day with some of the members of 4mhz, from there I get the information ... and if there will be demo of the game.

reidrac

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 09:21, 20 August 19
Absolutely all the information that I have put in this thread, it is true, I do not invent anything, I converse almost every day with some of the members of 4mhz, from there I get the information ... and if there will be demo of the game.

This is a CPC forum. People thought the demo would be for the CPC (I know I did!). You didn't say otherwise (in case you knew about it).

Is not like 4Mhz came here to say: hey guys, we're going to release a demo for a game you're waiting for. And then release a demo for a different system (which is not what people here are waiting for).

If you didn't have all the details, then you were wrong posting information here that was not accurate. Don't say now that everything was true because that's not the point.

Gryzor

Well fine, he made a mistaken assumption, as we all did, no reason to be sour over it...

I'm splitting and moving it to "other retro" until such time as a CPC port is presented :D

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: reidrac on 09:28, 20 August 19
This is a CPC forum. People thought the demo would be for the CPC (I know I did!). You didn't say otherwise (in case you knew about it).

Is not like 4Mhz came here to say: hey guys, we're going to release a demo for a game you're waiting for. And then release a demo for a different system (which is not what people here are waiting for).

If you didn't have all the details, then you were wrong posting information here that was not accurate. Don't say now that everything was true because that's not the point.
Reidrac para mi también ha sido una sorpresa lo de la versión NES !!! , pero mira esta conversación por favor: es de un chat de Telegram
Traslation:
Reidrac for me has also been a surprise about the NES version !!! , but watch this conversation please: it's from a Telegram chat
removed image

reidrac

OK, you're probably not doing it on purpose, but may be don't share a private Telegram chat?

Whatever. Keep posting stuff.

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 09:41, 20 August 19
Reidrac para mi también ha sido una sorpresa lo de la versión NES !!! , pero mira esta conversación por favor: es de un chat de Telegram
Traslation:
Reidrac for me has also been a surprise about the NES version !!! , but watch this conversation please: it's from a Telegram chat

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: reidrac on 09:44, 20 August 19
OK, you're probably not doing it on purpose, but may be don't share a private Telegram chat?

Whatever. Keep posting stuff.
it's not private ... it's Amstrad Eterno group chat channel Telegram .. if you want you can join, it's free ,
I have deleted the image

Rhino

I think XeNoMoRPH just spreads the info, the problem is that nobody knew that the game would finally be for NES until today?

In any case a bittersweet news: very good for NES users, who will enjoy a great game that fits very well for that platform, and not so good for Amstrad users that we expected to see this wonder running on our CPC.

Btw, I think I liked the CPC graphics better.

XeNoMoRPH

jesusdelmas

Ups, i think everyone thought the game was for the CPC, they never said a thing about a nes version. Anyway the game will be on the amstrad at some point so its fine

villain

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 09:47, 20 August 19
it's not private ... it's Amstrad Eterno group chat channel Telegram .. if you want you can join, it's free ,
I have deleted the image
How could one join this channel? I use Telegram but can't find an Amstrad channel...

reidrac

Quote from: villain on 16:06, 20 August 19
How could one join this channel? I use Telegram but can't find an Amstrad channel...

Because, as far as I know, is invite only. Is not an open channel. The conversations aren't public.

It is mostly the Spanish scene though, not sure it has any value for non Spanish speaking people. I was offered to join it but I don't have time for it so I declined.

reidrac

They can make a CPC version, of course, but from: https://www.4mhz.es/2019/08/20/malasombra-a-new-action-adventure-video-game-in-development-for-the-nes/

After the first satisfactory results, the team decided to migrate the platform project, becoming an exclusive development for the NES.

So it is a NES game now. Which is fine!

(and the same post says they're exclusively working on this; anyway, go and read the post because it has a lot of info!)

Quote from: Rhino on 13:16, 20 August 19
I think XeNoMoRPH just spreads the info, the problem is that nobody knew that the game would finally be for NES until today?

In any case a bittersweet news: very good for NES users, who will enjoy a great game that fits very well for that platform, and not so good for Amstrad users that we expected to see this wonder running on our CPC.

Btw, I think I liked the CPC graphics better.

jesusdelmas

Quote from: reidrac on 16:21, 20 August 19
They can make a CPC version, of course, but from: https://www.4mhz.es/2019/08/20/malasombra-a-new-action-adventure-video-game-in-development-for-the-nes/

After the first satisfactory results, the team decided to migrate the platform project, becoming an exclusive development for the NES.

So it is a NES game now. Which is fine!

(and the same post says they're exclusively working on this; anyway, go and read the post because it has a lot of info!)

Im agree with you but not in one thing,  as an amstrad fan talking in an amstrad.comunitty forum, this news are reall6 bad news for the comunitty. Of course its fine if 4mhz has started to develop games for nes and not for the amstrad cpc (at least for some time). But the truth is this news havent been good at all for amstrad users, and the point is that they didnt even say nothing about nes or other plataforms.

As i said, good to have new retro games for nes (i have a nes mini) but not good for the amstrad comunitty

TotO

Because retro is busiNES...  :-\
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

reidrac

I don't think is the end of the world.

This is hobby that is very demanding, IMHO 4Mhz should do whatever makes them happy.

Of course I'd love them to release more awesome CPC games (and I'm sure they will!), but if they want to develop for other systems, that's great!

As I said, that's a great way to acquire new skills one can use use when working on a new CPC project.

reidrac

That's true.

C64 also sells a lot more than the CPC, but is not as catchy as busiNES  ;D

Quote from: TotO on 17:18, 20 August 19
Because retro is busiNES...  :-\

trocoloco

Quote from: reidrac on 17:24, 20 August 19
That's true.

C64 also sells a lot more than the CPC, but is not as catchy as busiNES  ;D

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Rhino

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 16:55, 20 August 19

Im agree with you but not in one thing,  as an amstrad fan talking in an amstrad.comunitty forum, this news are reall6 bad news for the comunitty. Of course its fine if 4mhz has started to develop games for nes and not for the amstrad cpc (at least for some time). But the truth is this news havent been good at all for amstrad users, and the point is that they didnt even say nothing about nes or other plataforms.

As i said, good to have new retro games for nes (i have a nes mini) but not good for the amstrad comunitty
In any case, good luck to the 4Mhz guys in their new era for NES!
It's always hard to make the leap to a platform as limited as the NES when you come from a higher platform.
#AmstradSupremacy