News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Many thanks to the "Vintage computer syndicate"

Started by 00WReX, 23:56, 15 October 12

Previous topic - Next topic

00WReX

Many thanks to the "Vintage computer syndicate" members Badstarr, Bryce and MaV.

The Acorn Electron now resides just outside of Melbourne, Australia.

Vintage Computer Lot - Syndicate Now CLOSED

Special thanks to Badstarr for taking the time & effort to package and send.

As you can see it all arrived safely due to being well packaged...and with a minimal wipe over has come up a treat.
So I can attest to the excellent packing & prompt posting by Badstarr for anyone thinking of the items they still have,

MANY RETRO ITEMS NOW FOR SALE CPC, SPECTRUM, AMIGA, ATARI ST!

My Acorn Electron...a couple of photo's attached  :D

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

Very nice. A serious 32K powerhouse! :D

I'll send you the details of how to convert it to S-Video as soon as I get time.

Bryce.

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

TFM

Funny machine, it accesses ROM with 2 MHz, but RAM only with 1 or 0.5 MHz. Years later the opposite was more often the case.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

The machine was absolutely terrible, no joysticks, cartridges, printers, ROMs or a disk drive without adding one or more of the huge and expensive Plus expansions. The whole computer is more or less an extremely cut down BBC B with the good bits removed and the rest packed into a single ULA (with bugs) and managed to mess up the timings, so many Beeb games didn't work and the Electron ended up getting there own version.

It's one of my favourite computers :)

By the way 00WReX, should you be doing any hardware work on it: Unlike any other 8-bit in existence, the computer won't boot if the keyboard isn't attached, so you'll have to re-attach it every time you want to test anything.

Bryce.

MacDeath

QuoteThe machine was absolutely terrible, no joysticks, cartridges, printers, ROMs or a disk drive without adding one or more of the huge and expensive Plus expansions. The whole computer is more or less an extremely cut down BBC B with the good bits removed and the rest packed into a single ULA (with bugs)
So it is actually a "compatible yet almost dumb" terminal.

Weren't those the British equivalent to the French Thomson computers = for educational purpose only ?

Thx Lord Sugar for recreational purpose some had an Amstrad CPC at home.

Gryzor

Wow, superb indeed! Also, kind of crappy. But superb.