News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Neo Geo Pocket reborn

Started by Gryzor, 09:54, 28 January 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Looking good...

[attachimg=1]
  Famicom Plaza has revealed the Neo Geo Portable device, a new gaming portable that is fully licensed by SNK Playmore and ships with 20 Neo Geo classics stored on the device. Andriasang reports that the device, which with dimensions of 170x72x15mm is slightly larger than an iPhone 4S, has four face and shoulder buttons, a 4.5 inch screen, 2GB of onboard storage and SD card support. Japanese gaming website Famicom Plaza has revealed the Neo Geo Portable Device, a new gaming handheld that is fully licensed by SNK Playmore and ships with 20 Neo Geo classics.
Andriasang reports that the device, which with dimensions of 170x72x15mm is slightly larger than an iPhone 4S, has face and shoulder buttons, a 4.5 inch screen, 2GB of onboard storage and SD card support.

No price or release date has been announced. The following 20 games are included:

• World Heroes
  • Ultimate 11
  • Top Player's Golf
  • Sengoku
  • Nam-1975
  • Mutation Nation
  • Last Resort
  • King Of Monsters
  • Frenzy
  • Cyber Lip
  • Fatal Fury Special
  • Art Of Fighting
  • Super Sidekicks
  • League Bowling
  • Metal Slug
  • Magical Lord
  • Baseball Stars Professional
  • Samurai Shodown
  • King Of Fighters '94
  • Fatal Fury

TotO

Sure, but... The news seem to be removed from Famicom Plaza.
The picture look like a fake based on a iPhone 4.
Looking the pictures, sometime printed "menu button", sometime "select button".
May be, different prototypes ? Or simply a mock-up for illustration the news...

Wet & see... NERD
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Hm, damn, it sounded sweet... And I'm sure people would hack it sooner or later to allow for non-NG titles...

SyX

Well, there is a lot "chinese mp4s" (now with Android 2.x) that can let you play to Neo Geo, ... even PSX. Search youtube videos of "Yinlips YDPG18" or "JXD-S601", and you will see nice emu-things  ;D

remax

Quote from: SyX on 22:20, 28 January 12
Well, there is a lot "chinese mp4s" (now with Android 2.x) that can let you play to Neo Geo, ... even PSX. Search youtube videos of "Yinlips YDPG18" or "JXD-S601", and you will see nice emu-things  ;D

Yeah, my Dingoo does the same and a lot more.
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

Oh, you mean, this one? :)
[attach=2]

As for Dingoo. I do have one, nice little thing, but can't be compared... I don't know which model you have, but in the best case scenario:

• 3.2" vs 5"
  • 400x240 vs 800x480
  • Analog stick
  • 64MB vs 512MB RAM
  • Ingenic 4755 @500MHz vs ARM9 @850MHz, plus GPU
  • Better sound (I think)
  • WiFi
  • Android=infinite apps
  • HDMI out (used it, it's fantastic!! Played a HD movie on my TV and it looked great...)
  • 0 camera vs 2 cameras (well, ok, not much of a use)
Btw, there's a fantastic comparison table here!

SyX

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:47, 07 February 12
Oh, you mean, this one? :)
YES!!! :D :D :D

Can you make a mini-review Gryzor? and is a nice neogeo emu?? ;)

Gryzor

Quote from: SyX on 16:44, 07 February 12
YES!!! :D :D :D

Can you make a mini-review Gryzor? and is a nice neogeo emu?? ;)
Why, sure. If you let me know what you're interested in (systems, games, capabilities...) I'll write one up. And, funny thing, just yesterday I downloaded a NG torrent full of goodies just for it ;)

SyX

Thanks, well mainly its capabilities in the emulation of 2D consoles (from gameboy to neogeo) and arcades (until 1992 :P)... a nice Amiga emulator is a plus  ;D ; when i'm not coding, i use the netbook to "study" old games, i'm used to decent emulators; because that, frameskip, crackling sound, control lag and horrible controls are a NO for me, and i can wait for the next "chinese portable generation".

Gryzor

Ok then, will do. My PC just finished copying thousands and thousands of files onto the microSD so I'm ready to go.
If you could mention some specific titles it'd be of much help...

SyX

Specific titles... bufff, thinking, thinking...

Atari VCS: Demon Attack, ET :P

GB/GBC: Castelian, Double Dragon 1,  Robocop, Shantae, Super Mario Land, ...

Game Gear/Master System: Alien 3, Fatal Fury, Dizzy, ...

Megadrive: Sonic, Thunder Force IV, ...

Neo Geo: Androdunos, Garou, Last Blade, Metal Slug, ...

Neo Geo Pocket: King of Fighter R-2, Sonic, ...

PCE: Ninja Spirit, Raiden, R-Type,  ...

Snes: Mario Kart, Phalanx, Vampire Kiss, Yoshi's Island, ...

Gryzor

Here you go!