News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Antstream - cool or not? And some nice flame wars.

Started by Gryzor, 08:39, 11 January 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

As I said, I did offer them feedback while in beta because it looked really badly designed. They shrugged it off.

Also, these days when filter masks are all the rage, I find it weird they insist on chunky, hi tres pixels...

ldaneels

I actually really like the look :) I have to admit this is what actually drew me in. And then I started using Antstream...

EDIT: I realise you meant the look of games themselves, which I also like (I know, I'm a heathen). I meant the look of the interface drew me in. That being said, they could indeed easily provide filters for running the games.

MaV

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 22:04, 18 January 22Fine by me, T. I've said my piece. I'm done on this thread.  :)
STOP! Stop it, Shauny! Now sit down, or you won't get your sausage! There's a good boy! Look, uncle Xyphoe really is one of the good guys. No, Shauny, you can't sniff his butt! He's not into that ... I think.

Come on, I'll give you a worthy target. See that postman over there? Lately he's been staring at my missus a bit too long for my tastes. Apparently he's into MILFs, and we can't have that now, can we? You know what to do. *pat* *pat* Now go, and do your best!

(Someone's probably gonna kill me for that!)
;)

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: MaV on 09:56, 19 January 22
STOP! Stop it, Shauny! Now sit down, or you won't get your sausage! There's a good boy! Look, uncle Xyphoe really is one of the good guys. No, Shauny, you can't sniff his butt! He's not into that ... I think.

Come on, I'll give you a worthy target. See that postman over there? Lately he's been staring at my missus a bit too long for my tastes. Apparently he's into MILFs, and we can't have that now, can we? You know what to do. *pat* *pat* Now go, and do your best!

(Someone's probably gonna kill me for that!)
;)

I will murder you in your sleep.  ;) :laugh:
We'll agree to disagree about Xyphoe though
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: ldaneels on 05:36, 19 January 22
Seriously, this is surreal! How can they not see that simple fact. Nintendo catches a lot of flack (rightfully) for their eShop, but I find Antstream a lot less useable than this, which is really scary... And I contacted them multiple times about it (and a few other things), but I only got generic canned answers which gives me very little hope they're interested in improving that aspect.

I have actually heard multiple horror stories like this and worse, which is why my stance on Antstream is what it is. Years later and it still performs like an unfinished beta.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Skunkfish

I decided to give Antstream a go this week, as it feels like I've read about nothing else lately!

It seems like a good concept, but I do question the need to be streaming 8-bit games over the internet rather than playing them locally - sort of like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly.

Also, other than playing Bug's Quest for Tapes (which I rather enjoyed), I had a quick go on Slam Tilt which I have on my Amiga 1200. That quickly killed it for me, as it made the input lag very apparent. Streaming is never going to be the best way to play a fast-reaction game like pinball, but also it didn't hold up to other streaming platforms I've tried in that regard....
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

JimmyChan2022

8) Jimmy is too cool to understand why people are complaining
If Jimmy makes a homebrew game, Jimmy will sell it for £29 in a cassette case and make money for Jimmy

Gryzor