News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Retro Asylum 113 - From Silver Screen To Video Game

Started by Swainy, 16:23, 01 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Swainy

Retro Asylum goes to the movies with TheDrisk in charge of tickets and Matt Lambourne armed with the popcorn as the guys look back at a bunch of movie licensed video games!

iTunes - Podcasts - Retro Asylum Podcast by retroasylum.com

http://retroasylum.podomatic.com/enclosure/2015-05-01T05_28_08-07_00.mp3
Retro Asylum

CraigsBar

Perfect timing. I have a long drive tonight, now I have company en-route! Thanks guys.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Carnivius

"Are all movie licensed games bad?"  Well no.  I'm still not sure why that was ever the general opinion.  There have always been great games based on movies amongst the bad ones.  Are all racing games bad because a lot of them aren't much good?  Are all fighting games bad cos of all the countless lousy wannabe-Street Fighters that popped up particularly during the 90's?

I may have a listen over the weekend.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

CraigsBar

It's well worth the listen, great show guys, thanks.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Swainy

Quote from: Carnivac on 18:23, 01 May 15
"Are all movie licensed games bad?"  Well no.  I'm still not sure why that was ever the general opinion.  There have always been great games based on movies amongst the bad ones.  Are all racing games bad because a lot of them aren't much good?  Are all fighting games bad cos of all the countless lousy wannabe-Street Fighters that popped up particularly during the 90's?

I may have a listen over the weekend.

To be honest I feel the same but not everyone has the same tastes as me. Obviously there has been some awful movie licensed games over the years but there has also been some real gems too.
Retro Asylum