News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Retro Asylum Podcast thread! (merged)

Started by Swainy, 09:33, 14 September 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Swainy

Retro Asylum

sigh

Cool!!!

(apart from the lack of of a sega saturn on the front cover :D )

Swainy

The UK's Number 1 Retro Gaming Podcast Is Back! With yet another funny and entertaining look back at the UK's retro gaming scene, as always there's plenty of formats covered and mentioned so there should be something here for everyone.

Feedback welcome!

Links:

Retro Asylum Podcast Episode 23 – Elite Systems |

http://retroasylum.podomatic.com/enclosure/2012-09-21T01_16_19-07_00.mp3

PodOmatic | Best Free Podcasts
Retro Asylum

Gryzor

QuoteReviews
Mean Streak ZX Spectrum
Silent Hill PS1

RePlay = How to be a complete B#*€¥rd
play this game again and relive it

Remake of the week!
Find out what this weeks remake will be!

WTF
What stinkers will Andy and Swainy Choose?

Music of week = chosen by Adz.m
Find out what classic retro tune Adz has picked

Name The Game!
Who will win? Dean? Or Andy?

Hidden Gem
Find out what hidden Gems the lads have choosen.

Topic of the month
Elite Systems

Round up
iTunes reviews we got 5 new ones

Next time on Retro Asylum on Ep 24 , the lads are going back in time to 1985!!!
:)

I really need to listen to this

Swainy

Retro Asylum

Gryzor

Today's special guest on the UK's #1 Retro Gaming Podcast "The Retro Asylum Podcast" is non other than the man the myth the legend that is Darren aka our very own forum moderator.

Find out how Darren 1st got into Retro Gaming.
How he first came across our amazing website and podcast.
His 3 desert island games and who he would have on this island to play the games with.
Darren choose's his fave machine.
What game will Darren choose to be his WTF game?

And of course Name the Game!!!!

sigh

Swainy

Yeah I think this one turned out really well.
Retro Asylum

Swainy

Retro Asylum

MacDeath

noice, mate... this makes me moist.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I had that caveman game. It was awesome.

Bryce

Looks like a great show. The cameraman should cut down on the coffee though, he's shaking all over the place at some points :D

Bryce.

mr_lou

Nice coverage.  :) Thanks a lot!

I see you seem to have the same problem as me when I record videos using my cellphone. Audio and video aren't synced properly.

After a lot of searching (some time back) I found this surprisingly simple solution:

ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy fixedfile.mkv

The mkv file has audio synced properly to the video. (Don't ask why). Then I made a function to do that with all my files in a folder:

function fixall() {
for f in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -i $f -vcodec copy -acodec copy $f.mkv; done
}

I always run that function before I start editing, and finally my videos are synced properly.

MacDeath

QuoteThe cameraman should cut down on the coffee though, he's shaking all over the place at some points
I would say the main issue is that his Camera is badly set, as you see all CRT monitors flickering like hell...

SyX

I'm enjoying this podcast  :) , perhaps it would be better to have one post and update it when new chapters appears, then we would have all the related information in one post, much more easy to search and consult :)

Swainy

Glad you are enjoying the show and yes, you are right about keeping everything in one folder. Could a mod merge the posts?

Cheers
Retro Asylum

TFM

Out of curiosity... it has a barcode... why? Is there a boxed/printed version?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Swainy

No, the bar code is just a mock up. The whole idea of the magazine covers is to re-capture those old style magazines from back in the day because our podcast is done in a magazine format.
Retro Asylum

SyX

Thanks for merging the threads Gryzor :)

Swainy

Yeah thanks a lot for merging the threads and I'm really pleased that the show is going down so well with you guys!
Retro Asylum

TFM

Quote from: Swainy on 23:30, 19 October 12
No, the bar code is just a mock up. The whole idea of the magazine covers is to re-capture those old style magazines from back in the day because our podcast is done in a magazine format.

Well, just my opinion. ... without that barcode it would look more beautiful. But as sait just my opinion.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

sigh

Really like this episode. Good work!

Swainy

Guys, I've got a favour to ask. If you are signed up to iTunes and you enjoy the show, please remember to give us a review.
Retro Asylum