News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Retro Rant - Gaming Review Youtube Channel

Started by manossg, 08:24, 17 May 20

Previous topic - Next topic

manossg

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:22, 15 December 21
Boy this looked like so much crap to me back in the day...

Yeah, I, too, wasn't impressed. Hope I'll get luckier with the next text adventure.

manossg

In another astoundingly exciting review of yet another text adventure game, this time Gnome Ranger for the Commodore Amiga. Let's see if this one is any good...or not.

ComSoft6128

Sorry @manossg but all I'm getting is this:

"An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: nx8STy5tyCFk_cZj)"

manossg

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 11:53, 26 January 22
Sorry @manossg but all I'm getting is this:

"An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: nx8STy5tyCFk_cZj)"

Thanks for letting me know, bro! Link updated, I think it should work now.

Gryzor

manossg

Some people think that RPGs are for kids. Well, I bet they haven't seen Hired Sword 2, a 2020 game for the C64!

manossg

Well, it's been a while since my last retro game review, so here is a special treat for you, 2064 for the PC, a 'cyberpunk point and click, inspired by Gabriel Knight'. Yeah, right.
(sorry for the low video quality, you are not missing much, though)

manossg

Time to return to the Amiga with Chip's Challenge, a classic puzzle game. Is it truly worth playing today?

TotO

Amiga? It can be a GX4000 game.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

manossg

Quote from: TotO on 16:49, 24 December 22Amiga? It can be a GX4000 game.

That sounds like a good idea for some Amstrad vengeance, considering the piss poor port the CPC got.  ;D

andycadley

Quote from: manossg on 21:52, 24 December 22

That sounds like a good idea for some Amstrad vengeance, considering the piss poor port the CPC got.  ;D
I remember the Lynx version being highly praised, I think it just worked really well as a portable game you could drop in and out of. I don't remember any of the home ports being much cop though.

manossg

Quote from: andycadley on 09:29, 25 December 22
Quote from: manossg on 21:52, 24 December 22

I remember the Lynx version being highly praised, I think it just worked really well as a portable game you could drop in and out of. I don't remember any of the home ports being much cop though.

I have never seen the original Lynx version, but I guess having a handheld version as the original explains the small visible screen area. :/ 
About the ports, the Amiga isn't that bad, the C64 was quite playable but the graphics weren't very clear and...the Amstrad one was impressively (and painfully) a dog. 

manossg

After what seems like ages, time to return to the Amstrad CPC. We will be reviewing yet another puzzler, Jewel Warehouse 1, released in 2016 by Egotrip.

manossg

Well, it is about time we returned to the point'n'click genre, reviewing thε Amiga port of Cruise for a Corpse, released in 1991 by Delphine. This is one that gets very high ratings so it must be a classic...or maybe not?

manossg

A review of yet another classic, the first Tomb Raider, through the nothing-is-sacred lens of retro rant. Enjoy!

manossg

For this review we have a modern but retro themed point'n'click, Perfect Tides, released in 2022. This is a title that has been universally praised with very high ratings and overwhelmingly positive reviews, but is it truly worthwhile?

manossg

Well, time for a platformer for the Commodore Amiga, one that has been trashed by the press, receiving very low ratings, Charlie J. Cool, released in 1996.

manossg

Ah, time for another exciting text adventure game review, this time a recent ZX Spectrum game, Donum, released by Bitfans in 2022!

manossg

Well, time for putting another absolute classic to the rant test, this time a dungeon crawler, Ultima Underworld 1.