News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Sony MSX HB-75P

Started by Bryce, 21:50, 13 February 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Hi All,
       picked up this absolute beauty at the weekend (for free :) ). Yes, I know it's not a CPC, but the MSX is extremly similar. This one came in its original box and really does look like it's just left the factory, although the previous and original owner tells me that he used it extensively as a child. It came with the original tape deck, all the required leads, power supply and handbooks (in Dutch). I didn't even need to clean it :)

However, other than the hardware specs, I know nothing about these machines. If anyone here knows more or has any tips as to what I should try, then post it here. My plan is to try to adapt some of my hardware expansions so that they work on the MSX too.

Enjoy the pics,

Bryce.

[attach=2]

[attach=3]
[attach=4]

Ynot.zer0

am jealous, looks nice - I've always wanted one of those.
prodatron probably knows a thing or two about those machines, maybe he is able to help you out.  8)

Bryce

Hmm, I chose expandable Thumbnails, but they seem to be big all the time??

@Ynot.zer0: Yes it was the fact that SymbOS runs on the MSX that got me thinking that maybe the MegaFlash or other stuff could work on these with some slight modifications or a simple adapter.

Bryce.

00WReX

I know nothing about MSX computers, but when I was looking up the specs for your new machine I found the service manual.

You probably already have this, but here it is anyway...

http://gomsx.net/hansotten/msxdocs/sonyhp5575sm.pdf

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

Thanks. It was of course the first thing I downloaded :)

Bryce.

Marq

I've been fiddling quite a lot with MSX, and indeed they're nice machines. A lot of info and discussions can be found on the msx.org website. At least a Nowind and MegaFlashROM would be very useful expansions to start with.

TheCorfiot

I absolutely love the TMS9929 VDP used in the MSX and Memotech machines

Nice find Bryce...

Want sprites on your CPC, interface the VDP to the CPC, there are schems available to use el cheapo 32k srams in place of the obsolete drams.. it has its own 16k video ram and interfaces so easily...

Been toying with adding one to the Beeb's 1 Mhz bus...

Go on you know you want to lol...

;)

robcfg

Definitely you should try Penguin Adventure, Salamander and Space Mambow!  ;)

Gryzor

Damn, I'm jealous too. And I used to have one of these, but sold it. I think I'm going to hit eBay... :(

As for the photos, your message code doesn't indicate any choices - you just attached them to the post. If it's properly done you will see the following code (which corresponds to expandable thumbnails):
[attach=1...x]

You can still edit your post and insert these lines.

[EDIT] Ohhh frak, I edited your post by mistaκe :D

Bryce

Thanks for fixing the post. I chose "End of post expandable thumbnails" from the pull-down menu. Usually that inserts the code for me. That's the first time it didn't work properly.

Thanks to all for all the great ideas. Not sure whether to start playing games or warm up the soldering iron first :)

Bryce.