News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SymbOS did it again!

Started by TFM, 18:35, 04 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Found that and want to share.  :)  Everybody talks about it. And the good old SF2 is also still in every-bodies mind. But read for yourself (if you can understand German or use Google translate).  :)

Somehow I can't post a link here! Try to add a http://www. to this...

alte-computer.trs80.eu/html/symbiface_ii_fur_cpc_s.html
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

robcfg

I don't really understand the problem the one that wrote that page has.

It really seems that he think that the SF2 should have BDOS installed, which is not the case. Other than that it should be as easy as to use any rom manager to upload the rom.

Am I missing something?

Trebmint

I reckon this is a 100% certain winner of the CPCWiki 2015 Nasty and Pointless thread award

Prodatron

Quote from: robcfg on 23:06, 04 May 15Am I missing something?
I don't know, this post is quite strange. The first impression is, that with this link TFM wants to prove that the SYMBiFACE II is shit and (again) BDOS, currently the only available Amsdos IDE driver, is abandonware? I have no idea...

Trebmint: Yes, it seems so.

PS: The author of the linked page seems to be a little bit about life in general btw.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

arnoldemu

Quote from: Prodatron on 00:07, 05 May 15
I don't know, this post is quite strange. The first impression is, that with this link TFM wants to prove that the SYMBiFACE II is shit and (again) BDOS, currently the only available Amsdos IDE driver, is abandonware? I have no idea...
@Prodatron: I agree with you here.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 23:06, 04 May 15
It really seems that he think that the SF2 should have BDOS installed, which is not the case. Other than that it should be as easy as to use any rom manager to upload the rom.

Why not having BDOS on the SF2? Recently it got very strong support from Pentagon and Prodatron (new CPC tag team... I miss the Westling link to youtube now... ;) ). 32 ROMs provide space for everything. I agree about the ROManager, which I told the writer of the SF2 review at old-computers homepage.

Of course the review shows some slight points of critics, but what's the problem. As long as people talk about you: you made it!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

robcfg

You cannot have everyone happy, if you don't ship BDOS it's a problem and if you ship it it may be a problem too.

It's like having a usb drive with 10GB music on it, you can love it or not...

Trebmint

What does BDOS on the SF2 have to do with "Symbos did it again"???? All very tedious

Gryzor

Yeah, well. Some valid observations on that page, but I don't get the point of this thread either...

TFM

Quote from: Trebmint on 20:07, 05 May 15
What does BDOS on the SF2 have to do with "Symbos did it again" ??? ? All very tedious

Obviously the author of the review mixed things up. That's what I pointed out in the forum there.

Nevertheless, critics is imho always valuable input.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Trebmint

Quote from: TFM on 20:31, 05 May 15

Obviously the author of the review mixed things up. That's what I pointed out in the forum there.

Nevertheless, critics is imho always valuable input.  :)
That wasn't my point. I asked why you named this thread "Symbos did it again". I doubt there are many people on the forum that don't understand you hate Symbos, and spend most of your time trying to find issues with it... call that critique if you will, I think its just trolling. Even if you think you hide it by putting a  ;)  at the end of the paragraph.
I think it would be better if you just didn't comment on Symbos in future

robcfg

Sure, feedback is appreciated, but the title of this topic is confusing and misleading, and it would have been better to send a PM to @Prodatron telling him "hey! I found this piece of feedback that might interest you".

That would have avoided all the fuss...

TFM

Quote from: Trebmint on 20:52, 05 May 15
bla bla bla.... you hate Symbos

Oh man! I don't hate anything. In contrast, I try to help where I can. But you seem to have a problem with me. For people like you nobody ever can make it right.  ::)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 20:53, 05 May 15
Sure, feedback is appreciated, but the title of this topic is confusing and misleading, and it would have been better to send a PM to @Prodatron telling him "hey! I found this piece of feedback that might interest you".

That would have avoided all the fuss...

Ok, the title was a 'misnaming'. The intention was purely positive, to show that is still of interest out there.
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Yaaaaaawwwwnnnn  ::) This discussion is getting very old and very boring. Let's just close it off here and start talking about something completely different?

Bryce.

TFM

Yeah, or delete it. Whatever!
TFM of FutureSoft

Prodatron

Quote from: TFM on 21:18, 05 May 15Ok, the title was a 'misnaming'. The intention was purely positive
Lol. You can tell this to your hairdresser. What a behaviour is this.

TFM

Quote from: Prodatron on 21:30, 05 May 15
Lol. You can tell this to your hairdresser. What a behaviour is this.

Your behaviour? It just suxx!
TFM of FutureSoft

villain

Quote from: Bryce on 21:22, 05 May 15Let's just close it off here and start talking about something completely different?

Do you think that we will see the irish guys at the next football world cup?

Prodatron

Quote from: TFM on 21:52, 05 May 15

Your behaviour? It just suxx!
I wonder if TFM always tries to have the last word. At least in the past it was always like this.

Bryce

Yes, in any bar that's showing the games :D

Bryce.

villain

Quote from: Bryce on 22:02, 05 May 15
Yes, in any bar that's showing the games :D

Finding a good bar then seems more important to me than the match itself. :-)

remax

Quote from: villain on 22:00, 05 May 15
Do you think that we will see the irish guys at the next football world cup?

French guys can give them a hand if they need  :P
Brain Radioactivity

Bryce

Yeah thanks. But French hands don't seem to bring us any luck when it comes to football. Just sad that France felt they needed to cheat to beat the Irish team. They really need to work on their self-confidence. :)

Bryce.

remax

Quote from: Bryce on 22:28, 05 May 15
Yeah thanks. But French hands don't seem to bring us any luck when it comes to football.

That was the joke ;)

QuoteJust sad that France felt they needed to cheat to beat the Irish team. They really need to work on their self-confidence. :)

Bryce.

We had a show planned in South Africa that we wouldn't have wanted to miss... Something about a bus...
Brain Radioactivity