News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

To Be This Good Takes Ages! SEGA TOPIC

Started by ukmarkh, 16:58, 11 May 10

Previous topic - Next topic

ukmarkh

The Master System and The Megadrive were cool consoles... the Megadrive has a warm place in my heart.

Strider - Megadrive / Amazing game, everyone must play
Stargate - Megadrive / Side action scroller at its best
ThunderForce 3 & 4 - Megadrive / Simply amazing stuff

More to follow...

fano

Really love Megadrive/Genesis , i think i'll finish to code for this one   :P

Some of my prefered :
Contra 4 (better than Snes Contra 3 !) , technicaly impressive and very fun to play
Castelvania Bloodlines
Alisia Dragon
Street of Rage I,II,III

TF 4 is really great too !
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Gryzor

Wiz'n'Liz. A fantastic, if little-known, game.

Russkie

Maybe a bit late for this topic, but I also found my old japanese megadrive, with a bunch of cartridges (in various conditions), at the same time I found my old CPC, while helping my dad clean out his shed. I haven't plugged it in, or even thought about it, but I did drag it back to my place. I might try it once I get my CPC working, but it doesn't seem to have the same appeal to me as my CPC.

redbox

Quote from: Russkie on 17:19, 29 January 11
I might try it once I get my CPC working, but it doesn't seem to have the same appeal to me as my CPC.

I agree that consoles don't have the same appeal as retro computers, they're just not so hands on.

I loved the Snes, but got into it late - when I was a poor student me and my mates used to buy old consoles for a couple of quid along with games for a pound.  I played the Snes to death (Zelda, Mario Kart etc)... but I was sooooo disappointed when I jailbreaked my Wii to put a Snes emulator on it, just didn't have the same appeal.  Maybe it was the 32" LCD TV that did it, you can't beat a 19" CRT TV for the old consoles  :D

EgoTrip

I used to like Sonic 1 and 2 and Cannon Fodder on the Mega Drive but besides those, the console didn't appeal to me. Games on the SNES were far superior, after all it has Super Mario World, Kart, All-Stars, SF2 for ages before the MD, Super Bomberman, Donkey Kong Country, the list goes on.

sigh

Rolling Thunder 2!!! Superb game and the music is just fantastic!
I also enjoyed Gunstar Heroes. Both of these I have, but Rolling Thunder 2 gets more play time.

Gryzor

The only console I've ever loved was the Dreamcast, and I only discovered it some 3 years ago...

ukmarkh

Quote from: EgoTrip on 20:30, 29 January 11
Games on the SNES were far superior, after all it has Super Mario World, Kart, All-Stars, SF2 for ages before the MD, Super Bomberman, Donkey Kong Country, the list goes on.

Biggest load of B@llocks I've ever heard.

Gryzor

Quote from: ukmarkh on 14:16, 31 January 11
Biggest load of B@llocks I've ever heard.

Flame ahoy!

...but I agree :D

redbox

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:13, 31 January 11
The only console I've ever loved was the Dreamcast, and I only discovered it some 3 years ago...

Dreamcast was hugely underrated and waaaay ahead of it's time.

Amstari

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:13, 31 January 11

I still play my Dreamcast now. I'm still discovering great games for it. I played Red Dog for the first time last weekend.

norecess

I personally DO love everything related to Sega before 2002.

I have :
- Sega Game Gear (with the adapter to replay MasterSystem games)
- Sega Genesis + Sega CD + Sega 32x
- Sega Nomad (handled Genesis, just awesome)
- Sega Saturn (+modchip)
- Sega Dreamcast

I have all the major CD games (backups) and original games for Genesis/GameGear/32X (50+ games).

I ** DO ENJOY A LOT ** these 2 Genesis games :
- Batman & Robin (music by Jesper Kyd, very technical game), please watch this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf8o2xqUbBY
- Mega Turrican (music by Chris Huelsbeck), watch this video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKZhJdVfM7k

I also have NeoGeo CD, Amiga CD 32, and Amiga 600 (with tons of WHDLoad games).
And 2 CPCs... and 1 Xbox... and 1 PSP... arg.

(ps. Nintendo sucks, it's a fact!)

Metr

I need the "I like" button for your comment :D

Russkie

I have a Saturn, with half a dozen games, that I never thought were that great. Luckily I bought it second hand.

I've never seen a Dreamcast in real life, and I don't know anybody who   actually bought one. Which seems like a real shame when I read about how   great they are. It seems like anybody who used one thought they were   brilliant.

I would say that I was a Sega fan, although there were plenty of times I wished I had a SNES instead of a Megadrive.

norecess

QuoteI've never seen a Dreamcast in real life

o_O

Russkie

Quote from: norecess on 19:29, 01 February 11
o_O

Seriously. I assume that I had been in shops selling them, but they were   never displayed or advertised a way that made me notice them. It was competing with xbox/ps2, right? Or ps1 era?

sigh

I've still got my Japanese sega saturn and a Japanese dreamcast but not many games left for either of them:

Sega Saturn: Radiant Silvergun, Battle Garrega, Streetfighter Alpha 3 and Elevator Action Returns. These are my favourite saturn games.
Favourite Dreamcast was Space Channel 5 part and 2 and Jet set radio. I think I'm going to buy these again...

MacDeath

With my brother we have a MegaDrive, a Saturn and a Dreamcast.

Saturn was quite unexploited because a commercial flop.
Was actually the best 2D console ever... as powerfull as an Arcade cabinet...
Streetfighter like games were awesome (nightstlkers per exemple) and I remember the Bomberman was great.

Dreamcast is clearly one of the best console ever.

PanzerDragoon is awesome, also Soulcalibur...
I also remember the awesomness of Powerstone (a beat'them up game with 4 player possible)

Megadrive...  not that bad, but it aged not that well.
Graphics were quite disapointing sometimes... cetainly due to the 512 only colours (same as Atari ST) and sounds are not that good too.
But it is a decent game console of course as it was a downgraded Arcade machine...

EarthwormJim is so great.

norecess

QuoteMegadrive...  not that bad, but it aged not that well.

Hum, I wonder which "low tech" I could think about that could potentially gets same feeling....  8)

Gryzor

Re: Dreamcast, Puyo Puyo fever is one of the greatest (but largely forgotten and lesser-known) two-player games. The mechanics are amazingly well-balanced and it's very fun...

norecess

I also enjoy a lot Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Sega Saturn (which requires 4Mb of RAM)

scooby1970

I love the Megadrive, and still use mine on a regular basis. I enjoy the Master System, but the missus enjoys that more than me. Pf course my Saturn gets a lot of use, but it's my Dreamcast that is my pride and joy. One of my favourite consoles ever.

:) Mark
Retro gamer by day, retro gamer by night.

trocoloco

Dreamscast was way ahead of its time and "misunderstood", it really had quality games, anyone with Dreamcast should have played the Shenmue saga, if not I strongly recommend it even using an emulator

redbox

Quote from: trocoloco on 19:52, 17 April 11
anyone with Dreamcast should have played the Shenmue saga, if not I strongly recommend it even using an emulator

Amen to that.  Shenmue is just awesome.